My SX's

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Update!

Well finally I have been able to work on my SX, and well it is now rollable. :D

Now I know the forks don't match, but some time when I get the money together I will be purchasing some Rock Shox Reba's, so it will look sweet, and in the next couple of days it is going to FTR (For the Riders) and I will be getting my chain guide (E-13 LG-1) and my crank arms etc, so I can't wait.

Her are some pics of my baby as it is now.

Spec List: (So Far)

Brakes: Shimano XT 4 piston
Rear Deralliur: Shimano XT
Rims: Mavic 223 Disc
Tyres: Hutchison Pythons
Forks: Manitou SX ST (I know they are crap, but they are all I have at the moment)
Hubs: Shimano XT
Seat Post: Syncros Derived
Seat: Specialized

Thats about it

Now I know the pics aren't the best, but it was dark again, but there is a reason behind that, I was rolling down the street on it. :p

Well hope you all like it as much as I do.

sheepy

Likes Dirt
im not sure if i'd put rebas on it, they're a great for but for that frame i'd say get something a little stronger, providing your planning on riding it reasonably hard?

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, well it was a suggested from a staff member, but I am also looking at some other forks, but hey you will just have to wait and see what happens. :D

Tofsy

Likes Dirt
I run fox talas rl forks on mine and they go oh so nicely with the rp3 rear shock. They are awesome bikes! I love mine so very much

Enjoy mate - you wont be disappointed.

That bottom bracket height looks very low..... and it seems to have a very long wheelbase?
The bottom height is 311mm and the wheelbase is 1111mm so yes, fairly low and long. Awesome fun to ride at speed! :D

Pete

pinned--->

Likes Bikes and Dirt
im not sure if i'd put rebas on it, they're a great for but for that frame i'd say get something a little stronger, providing your planning on riding it reasonably hard?
LOL! Dont think so.

Looking good nick, not to sure on the spec you will be getting but. What happend to having much better spec then my stp? ;). Shotty a ride at ND.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Lookin' great!

In regards to the forks, how about Rock Shox Revalations? If your planning on using that wheelset, then Revalations would be the go ( because of QR drop outs)...otherwise RS Pike, or as Tofsy suggested, Fox TALAS will go very nicely.

What exactly will you be using this for? 4X or just a run-about do-all bike?

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That bottom bracket height looks very low..... and it seems to have a very long wheelbase?
I run fox talas rl forks on mine and they go oh so nicely with the rp3 rear shock. They are awesome bikes! I love mine so very much

Enjoy mate - you wont be disappointed.

The bottom height is 311mm and the wheelbase is 1111mm so yes, fairly low and long. Awesome fun to ride at speed! :D

Pete
LOL! Dont think so.

Looking good nick, not to sure on the spec you will be getting but. What happend to having much better spec then my stp? ;). Shotty a ride at ND.
Lookin' great!

In regards to the forks, how about Rock Shox Revalations? If your planning on using that wheelset, then Revalations would be the go ( because of QR drop outs)...otherwise RS Pike, or as Tofsy suggested, Fox TALAS will go very nicely.

What exactly will you be using this for? 4X or just a run-about do-all bike?
I have been looking our for some decent second hand Fox Talas, but I have found none, I am very sad. :( But yeah, even without the pedals and cranks etc, I rolled down the street on it, and it felt really good, well as far as rolling goes.

Yeah Ben, cause you can have a go at ND, at least mine will be a lot lighter than yours. :p (Including STP)

Yeah, well I will be planning to use it as a run around bike, but I will definatley enter a few 4X races, only for fun, probably not the best at them, but I will get better with practice. Yeah the revalations I have looked at, but I am not sure on the price, even though they would be good. I will eventaully more than likely get either a nice set of Fox Talas forks as I mentioned above, or some RS Pikes, but for the moment, I don't have the money to buy a whole new front wheel for the pikes.

I have some 2006 Minute 2's pretty much lined up for $200, so for a temporary fork, I think they will be fine.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

I will have some more pics tomorrow, hopefully **Fingers Crossed**, because at the moment, I have left it with FTR (For the Riders) and they are fitting a new E-13 LG-1 Chain guide, E-13 34t Chain Ring, a new BB and a new stem, because the one I have now is a little long.

Can't wait to ride it. :D

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Alrighty, it has returned from For The Riders, and it looking absolutley awesome.

I just have to put my rear brake and grips back on, and then I will post up the end result in the first post and a proper spec list.

I will also show a pic of what it used to look like, and what it looked like now. (If you think what I mean it used to just be a frame, well it was a whole bike so yeah)

udi

swiss cheese
Gorgeous frame, wouldn't say no to a spin on it (once it's built up with real forks that is :)).

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah forks will be coming down the track. At the moment I am really out of money, infact I owe my parents money for all the new parts on it, but not too much, thank goodness.

It rides amazingly, so smooth, yet the pedal efficiency is amazing. The RP3 shock is awesome for this kind of bike and anyone who has 4X orientated bike thats for sure.

I will get some pics up really soon, just got to get up and put the Rear Brake on , and the grips. :D

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All Done!

Hey Guys,

Well it is finally completed and I went for a ride to the Local PCYC BMX track, and it is absolutely awesome. It rides amazingly well, great power from the drive train, and when landing, the rear shock just gives you the little more security then a Hard Tail, in my opinion. You feel so secure on it due to the seat and head angle and it is just awesome. I really recommend one of these if you can find one and want to race 4X, or race at a BMX track in the mountain bike class.

I suppose it is now time for some pics and a spec list....

Well wait no longer. (Ohh sorry about the pictures, it was really dark, due to me getting home late, and the camera was playing up, battery or something. :eek:)

Sorry for it being dirty, I got home and was just so happy, I didn't even think about cleaning it for photo's, I will get some better ones in the next couple of days.

Spec List:

Frame - 2006 Specialized SX
Shock- Fox RP3
Colour - White & Black
Forks - Manitou SX Short Travel (New ones will be coming soon, need some $$$)
Rear Derailleur - Shimano XT
Chainguide- E13 LG-1
Chain Ring - E-13 34t
Shifters - Shimano LX
Crankset - Shimano LX
Chain - Shimano with Sram Power Link
Cassette - Shimano XT
Brakes - Shimano XT 4 Piston
Rotors- Shimano XT
Brake Levers - Shimano XT
Hubs - Shimano XT
Rims - Mavic X223 Disc
Spokes - Dt swiss
Tyres - Hutchison Python 2.0
Pedals - Crank Brothers SL
Stem - Husselfelt 40mm
Handle Bar - Specialized Enduro (Will be getting new ones soon too)
Seat Post - Syncros Derived
Seat - Specialized

Turned out a great little project and rides amazingly, I think and it one hell of a machine thats for sure.

I love it, and thats all that matters. :D

Thanks for the comments guys. :D

Last edited:

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For sure the forks.

I have to get new ones, but that won't be for a couple of months, so I will have to wait a little while.

The Manitous will do for now though. :D

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah mate that looks sooo good.
You going to be racing 4X?
STD (short travell dually) pride
Hope to.

I mean I have a BMX track in the next street over, so it can be my training, so yeah you might see me at a 4X Race. :D

FTR wants me to go down, so I suppose I have no choice. :p