My Girlfriend Brooke And Her Specialized DEMO 9

Gspot-Sniper

Likes Dirt
a little different to whats pictured but looks similar....

-Demo 9 with new frame bearings
-Race face diablos cranks
-E13 chain guide
- Marzocci 888rv forks
-X7 derailer and shifter
- Manitau Swinger rear shock with new bushes and rebuilt.
-Dee trak front wheel
-823 reAr wheel
- intense 909 fro tyres
-EA50 seat post
-selle italia qbik seat
- xt brakeset w/ 203mm rotors fully rebuilt
- jet black grips
-funn 888 direct mount stem
-shimano pro headset
-pro frs 780mm bars

Attachments

Shredden

Knows his goats
Looks rad, but I reakon cut the bars down a little. I am ~6'4 and 760s are fine for me. 780 seems a bit over the top for a girl.

mxdame

Likes Dirt
Her bike looks good, but u need to trim the streamers on yours & drop a few spokey dokeys, it will improve the weight.

Last edited:

Yippee_Ki_YayMF

Likes Dirt
Theo, if you're 6'4", I'm 7 feet tall, with arms like tree trunks, eyes like steel, cold, hard. With a shock of hair, red like the fires of hell.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Looks rad, but I reakon cut the bars down a little. I am ~6'4 and 760s are fine for me. 780 seems a bit over the top for a girl.
760 damn. I'm on 740s and thinking 760 is perfect and I'm only hitting about 5"8
I'd agree 780 is probably too big for her, there is a point where wider is worse and makes it harder to control the bike. Go as wide as comfortable, wider will help slow down the response and stabilize the bike so it can be good from that perspective if she is new to it.

Now more importantly where do all these "riding girls" hide, I think if I told a girl I ride downhill or bikes they would either walk away or ask what the hell is that...

Last edited:

Shredden

Knows his goats
Theo, if you're 6'4", I'm 7 feet tall, with arms like tree trunks, eyes like steel, cold, hard. With a shock of hair, red like the fires of hell.
I promise I am. Well more like 6"3 and a 3/4 I reakon.

But I am prepubescent so my shoulders are only 20cm across.

~Alan~

Likes Dirt
Very nice although im sure she would rather ride the pink bike so it will match her shoes :dance:

bmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
760 damn. I'm on 740s and thinking 760 is perfect and I'm only hitting about 5"8
I'd agree 780 is probably too big for her, there is a point where wider is worse and makes it harder to control the bike. Go as wide as comfortable, wider will help slow down the response and stabilize the bike so it can be good from that perspective if she is new to it.

Now more importantly where do all these "riding girls" hide, I think if I told a girl I ride downhill or bikes they would either walk away or ask what the hell is that...
I'm 177cm, so what's that 5'10"? I'm riding 780s but about to jump up to 800. Personal preference.

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm 170cm...

800's are the ONLY way forward :)

Personal pref!

You don't know till you try it... And can always shorten them.

Gspot-Sniper

Likes Dirt

we are going for her first ride on it tonight so if she doesnt like the wider bars ill cut them down
a little more for her. i was going to get the frame powder coated but decided against it due to it
being her first big bike and if she likes it ill get her a new one and use the demo as a spare for mates.

as for her serious face in the photo, she wouldnt let me put the one of her smiling up cause she
didnt like it. ill get a more recent one of the 2 of them tonight ;-)

driftking

Wheel size expert
we are going for her first ride on it tonight so if she doesnt like the wider bars ill cut them down
a little more for her. i was going to get the frame powder coated but decided against it due to it
being her first big bike and if she likes it ill get her a new one and use the demo as a spare for mates.

as for her serious face in the photo, she wouldnt let me put the one of her smiling up cause she
didnt like it. ill get a more recent one of the 2 of them tonight ;-)
remember that the bars width is only useful as to where you hold the bar, obviously its about leverage so you should note where she naturally holds the bars and you can just move the grips and controls inward by 20 and outward by 20 etc, give her a few riders or at least one full ride on the same trail with a few different bar width set ups. that will give her a good testing ground to which one she preferred. then cut it off if needed.

Gspot-Sniper

Likes Dirt
remember that the bars width is only useful as to where you hold the bar, obviously its about leverage so you should note where she naturally holds the bars and you can just move the grips and controls inward by 20 and outward by 20 etc, give her a few riders or at least one full ride on the same trail with a few different bar width set ups. that will give her a good testing ground to which one she preferred. then cut it off if needed.
yeah thats the plan brother. im going to get her onto some flatter trails and fire
road to start with then slowly expose her to sections of the proper tracks. It was
way too hot last night to ride for a beginer doing push runs, so sunday is supposed
to be cooler for a spin :)