My Dorco II

Which cranks?

• Total voters

®ider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here is my Norco and I am wondering which cranks to put on it.
I am looking between SAINT and RaceFace Diabolus. I want to know the popularity of these cranks amongst the farkin community(which majority of people like which crank)

And please state your opinion of the bike (Bad comments are much apprieciated :p )

SPEC:
Forks: 2005 Sherman Slider
Chainguide: Evil e13 chain guide
Wheel(rear): D321/Hadley/DT
Wheel(front): D321/Aireal/DT
Drivetrain: XT/Sram 7.0 components
Brakes: Hayes MAG
Cranks: Truvativ Hussefelt :? :shock: :evil:

Attachments

Last edited:

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
before other people jump in and abuse you for not searchin prior to posting,
I'm going to offer a search as a suggestion as this topic has been covered in a reasonable amount of detail before.

Nice ride by the way.

Tomas

my mum says im cool
I love it. THat purple kicks ass, and looks great with the sliders. Perfect spec choice on a nice frame. IMO saint cranks would look better on it, but you know, from a fashion point of view :lol: .

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i wasn't gonna bother digging the thread up. C'mon, im lazy here. I'm not gonna do the work for him... :p

arnott

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if you go saints (not sure about diabolus) you will have to shave away part of the e.13 bashy, where the crank arm goes past the bashy the crank curves in and wont fit. ive just done this to mine yesterday and done some other adjustments to the guide and cranks today also.

liking the pimp purple

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
Its actually dark blue... Those are the only purple shots of it ive seen! :shock:

®ider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
LTR said:
Its actually dark blue... Those are the only purple shots of it ive seen! :shock:
Yer the blue is fading into a slight tinge of purple colour.

Spooky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pimp man...i like it. Can't say with the cranks, haven't had anything to do with either.

Technica

Likes Dirt
perfect spec! except the aireal hub, i've worked in a bike shop and i've seen some of the horror stories when those aireals come back for warranty, the spoke holes streaching out and shit, they need to use harder materials.

Nice ride, cant wait til i get my cash up to build up my DH

Oh and go the race face, i'm quite the race face fan

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Of course Diabolous will win - they have the pimp factor. But when you compare perforce of the two, they're fairly simular - than remember Saints are a bit cheaper too.

®ider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
matty_2004 said:
Of course Diabolous will win - they have the pimp factor. But when you compare perforce of the two, they're fairly simular - than remember Saints are a bit cheaper too.
your talking about preformance rite?

Butch

Likes Bikes and Dirt
performance there both the bloody same , I'd go saints and i did simple , they get the job done with no bitching back , easy to clean and grease up can't go wrong , final words Saints ....

arnott

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yep go the saints, they are as stiff as a naked nipple in the north/south pole in winter.

cant go wrong

Cameo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice ride Martin,had a roll on it on last city ride, really nice ride, id say go race face, i dunno much about them but they're on Davey dinkims bike and they feel fucking still as a motherfucker!!!1!!

lesburn

Squid
i would go diablous. well- i did. the awesome cranks. i weight 265lbs and they are as stiff as hell for me and have give me no problems. they look pimp aswell.