My Bottlerocket !

9dollar

Likes Bikes

After crashing out and breaking my collar bone I decided to build this up as a project while off the bike for 6 weeks or so.

Big thanks to Allen from dropnzone.com who did a great job building my wheels and finding the frame for me. I highly recommend these guys if your looking at buying some US stuff.

Frame : Transition Bottlerocket - Medium
Fork : RockShox 409 Pike 07
Derailuer : SRAM X7 07
Shifter : SRAM X7 07
Cranks : Truvative DH Cranks
Chain Device : E13 32 Special
Cassette : SRAM 9 SPD
Seat : Azonic Dirt Jumper
Bars : Titec Hell Bent 31.8
Stem : .243 DH Steam 31.8
Brakes : Hayes Nine 6" XC
Wheelset : Custom Built by DropnZone - Halo Combat Rims, Transition Hubs.
Tyres : Maxxis High Roller 2.5"
Rear Shock : Fox DHX Air
Pedals : Crank Bros 50/50 Sealed.
Head Tube : FSA 1.5" Reducer

Great ride, I ride it everywhere from Downhill courses, flowy free ride trails, dirt jumps and the skatepark. With the Air shock on the rear and fully adjustable pikes its hugely versatile.

The only very minor downside is with the pikes the head angle is quite high, coming off a DH rig with a slack head angle you realy have to be concious when going down chutes etc or else you will end up over the bars. The upside is, the bike is so manouverable its quite easy to flick back.

Great bike, very happy !

Bowlo

Eats Squid
Faaaarrrkkk!! That is haawwttt!!! IMO put the seat down and on a bit more of a DJ angle just for the piccys! ;):rolleyes:

9dollar

Likes Bikes
Can post a couple more pics up later if you like.

Brake setup is basically just a set of hayes 9 the XC denotes 6" rotors which is all thats really needed for my kind of riding. At a stretch I would chuck a 8" on the front if needed.

Seat is just a cheapie, just got the army print one for wank wactor but hey its just a seat.

The frame is black in colour.

Last edited:

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmmm, that bike is mint. Only way I can fault it is it's relatively bad brakes.
You'll be sick of the Hayes in no time. With a nice bike like that I would have opted for some Juicys or Saints.
Nice ride man, it deserves to be ridden nicely too.:)

Pete_10

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmmm, that bike is mint. Only way I can fault it is it's relatively bad brakes.
You'll be sick of the Hayes in no time. With a nice bike like that I would have opted for some Juicys or Saints.
Nice ride man, it deserves to be ridden nicely too.:)
you'd be suprised. The hayes nine XC, i think are alot better feel and performance wise compared to the HD or whatever they are called.

cool bike mate.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
you'd be suprised. The hayes nine XC, i think are alot better feel and performance wise compared to the HD or whatever they are called.

cool bike mate.
they are exactly the same apart from the rotor size.

6" is all that is needed for this type of bike. 8" is desparate overkill.

and i have never had a problem with any of my hayes brakes (apart from the usual "ooh look, i'm a brake lever, i'm gonna pop out now", but that can easily be fixed with a nice set of cable ties)

looks damn hawt.

-Jordan-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
they are exactly the same apart from the rotor size.
The HD version weigh a little more than the XC version, not by much though.

I always thought they had different kinds of pads too, but I might have been comparing different year models (most likely true).

Oh, nice bike too.