MTB bearing suppliers in Melbourne?

bgarry

Likes Bikes
Santa Cruz have all the details online for the assembly and details of the torque specs - https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-AU/node/453
DIYMTB sell Enduro bearings in kits for specific frames which works out quite a bit cheaper than buying them individually, they are also very good to deal with - https://www.diymtb.com.au/displayItems.asp?cid=101

Surprising when I had the bearing replaced on my Norco Range there were not a lot of bike shops that had bearing removal and press kits. Jeremy @ Chainbrain in Dromana has all the tools and may even have the bearings in stock.

Brendan

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try the SC dealer where I purchased another frame new last year (although not a SC) and failing that hit up DIYMTB. I'm not the original owner of the frame.

Can anyone remember the torque spec for SC pivot bearings? I had a Youtube video showing the entire process, but I can't find it. From memory it was something like 2nm on the inner (load bearing) and 6nm on the outer bolts.

At the moment when I do them up to ~1nm they're super crunchy. Anything less than that to get them smooth there's heaps of play.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
M8.. fridget spinners go for $8 NEW ($2/bearing!) and I confiscate them for FREE :spy:
Fucking fidget spinners, kids are nagging me now for one. Back in my day we just used the fidget toy nature gave us.

*the views expressed above do not necessarily reflect those of a sane well adjusted human.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
M8.. fridget spinners go for $8 NEW ($2/bearing!) and I confiscate them for FREE :spy:
Ah, finally I get it. The chances of the bearings having useful dimensions for other applications is a bit needle-in-haystack, but not impossible. They actually look similar to SC bearings.

By the way, what are the 3 other bearings on the fidgets used for? I've only ever seen people use the centre one to spin them.

So you're a school teacher?

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Santa Cruz have all the details online for the assembly and details of the torque specs - https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-AU/node/453
DIYMTB sell Enduro bearings in kits for specific frames which works out quite a bit cheaper than buying them individually, they are also very good to deal with - https://www.diymtb.com.au/displayItems.asp?cid=101

Surprising when I had the bearing replaced on my Norco Range there were not a lot of bike shops that had bearing removal and press kits. Jeremy @ Chainbrain in Dromana has all the tools and may even have the bearings in stock.

Brendan
DIYMTB are the business. That's where I'll be buying all of my bearings in the future. I've also got a Norco Range and soon it will need some of the bearings replaced. I'm looking forward to my $60 kit arriving and being able to do this kind of job at home. I'm not too bothered about the pressing, that's much easier to do with home-made tools. Threaded rods and nuts/washers/sockets work well.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I went through this with my Intense just recently. The manual specifies 7902 bearings for the vpp lower link. Online was something ridiculous like 12 bucks a bearing. Local shop, 3 bucks trade for nsk's.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Where?

I went through this with my Intense just recently. The manual specifies 7902 bearings for the vpp lower link. Online was something ridiculous like 12 bucks a bearing. Local shop, 3 bucks trade for nsk's.

Where did you end up getting them? That is a killer price! Especially for top quality 7000-series bearings

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Like I said, the local bearing shop here in town. Was surprised they had them being a smaller farming town. The boxes where pretty dusty so I'm going to assume they've had them lying around for a while and wanted to get rid of them. We do tons of business through them so that probably helps

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Like I said, the local bearing shop here in town. Was surprised they had them being a smaller farming town. The boxes where pretty dusty so I'm going to assume they've had them lying around for a while and wanted to get rid of them. We do tons of business through them so that probably helps

There's a nice little ebay flip for you then if they have any more left. Genuine NSK 7902 is worth ~110 AUD each on eBay