Mtb app

Culley

Likes Dirt
Im sure there is a thread out there already but come someone tell me what is a good mtb app for tracking trails kms height etc.
thier is a few on itunes but just wanted Fellow aussie riders feedback on which is the best or better ones
Cheers

styler

Likes Dirt
Im sure there is a thread out there already but come someone tell me what is a good mtb app for tracking trails kms height etc.
thier is a few on itunes but just wanted Fellow aussie riders feedback on which is the best or better ones
Cheers
Strava is one of the best IMO but there is many.

crash3

Likes Dirt
Yeah Strava seems to be the most widely used (from my observations).

Backed up by the saying I usually hear - "If you didn't record it on Strava, it didn't happen"

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Strava is the current fad and if I may suggest some pointers on it if you choose to use it? Keep your profile to yourself, don't ride a trail just to beat someone's imaginary time on the internet and don't believe it's accuracy as it's very easy to cheat and it doesn't map the exact route you've taken. Other than that, it's very useful for mapping your ride and finding some neat trails to ride in your area. It's also very handy for trail builders to find out who the fuckwit is that rode their unfinished trail and caused them a backache. ;)

stirk

Burner
I use My Tracks on android phone. It overlays your ride on a satellite image, shows the stats you want but does not share anything with the public.

It nice to show people an image of your journeys into the bush.

Try runtastic for Apple.

One of my local loops.

Last edited:

stoo

Likes Dirt
Runkeeper, I've been using it for four years and it does a bonza job, just basic tracking of my hikes / rides etc. with maps.

carpetrunner

Likes Dirt
Here's an App that I want

Hijack...

Here's an app I want;

Take a picture of the trail map at the trail head, and your GPS tells you exactly where you are on the map.

To do this you would need at least 1 position fix reference point, a scale and a direction.
like take a waypoint at the trail head picture board, and maybe a special symbol on the map that the app can recognise that is 1km north of the trailhead
or
A second waypoint that you nominate, like the first trail junction.

anyway that's what I want - who's gonna write it?

(I can nearly do this with oziexporer but it is very fiddlie and not something I'd want to do with gloves on at the trailhead)

- carpetrunner

adam250

Squid
I also use run keeper .. I find it effective & simple to use . But since it's the only app I've ever used I can't comment on how good it is compared to other apps ...

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I've used endomondo, good and relatively accurate. However I can't shut the bitch up, it's like having the wife in your pack, nagging in your ear. Really demoralising when you are tracking do slowly that she announces at the top of her voice "ride paused" but you're still actually peddling.....

I've just got a magellan, will be able to pick and choose what I upload :behindsofa: