mt taylor canberra

topic

Likes Dirt
just seeing if anyone has riden down what im assuming is a wild walking track on mount taylor???i walked it today and had a look and its really steep and fast and looks really fun to ride on a DH.......

peanut

Likes Dirt
just seeing if anyone has riden down what im assuming is a wild walking track on mount taylor???i walked it today and had a look and its really steep and fast and looks really fun to ride on a DH.......
I Have always looked at over the years, but never ridden it and never will.
Riding down the trails at Mt taylor is sure fire way to cop a nice fine and piss off a plethora of walkers who frequent there and possibly jepodise any of the future events corc hold there. The place is seriously popular for walkers on all sides. just look at the amount of cars always parked on the kambah side every day.Best to leave it for your walking shoes.

Kramer

FoBR
What he said ^^^

As fun as it looks, it is not worth:
1. The fine you are likely to cop.
2. The amunition you will give the MTB-haters.
3. The damage you will do to the repuatation of mountain bikers working to ensure legit land access in the ACT.

swatto90

Likes Dirt
taylor

I used to live at the bottom of it on the Kambah side. I had just moved to Canberra rode down it and somebody had put barbed wire between 2 trees across one track at around neck height. I would not recommend it. Do a search in these forums. There used to be a few more stories like that in here somewhere

topic

Likes Dirt
yea im talking about the one thats on the pearce side of the mountain you can see the top section of the track from the mawson lights and the track finishes at the big water tank. to be honest it does look more like a bike single track than a walking track.is there anyway or chance it could be made into a riding track??????

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Write to your local council and ask. Get the ball rolling, I'll join any momentum you get going. Also maybe write to CORC, and ask them.

jonozrx

Likes Dirt
It used to be a walking track and was closed (with a replacement to the north) largely because it caused erosion and was not sustainable. Chances of getting permission to build a bike track there are slim to none.

Please don't ride it. If you want to do anything, go via the CORC trails team.

yea im talking about the one thats on the pearce side of the mountain

Hi i rode up then down this side of the mountain early 2010, I passed heaps of walkers and none seemed to worry (I just gave way to them) the track i rode was the walking one with log steps about a meter apart and a few rock steps. When i rode it there were no signs saying no riding etc (dont know about now) The way i see it walkers wont care if you give way and dont yell, swear etc and if there a no signs saying no riding there is nothing the cops etc will be able to say about it.

topic

Likes Dirt
yea i wouldnt ride the track with the logs thats an obvious walking track but the other one looks unreal