MT Stanley Shuttle day Sun 11th June

stainless

Likes Bikes
The Beechworth Chaingang is holding a DH shuttle day at the famous MT Stanley.
This course is huge with 730m of vertical decent. The track has had extensive work just completed and is in prime condition at the moment, it features jumps, berms, super fast and steep fire road (with waterbars), and the infamous rock garden to test your skills.
Places are limited for this day and you need to be a strong intermediate to advanced downhiller. Sorry no beginners
There will be no entries on the day you must contact me by email or phone to enter
follow the link to the website www.beechworthchaingang.com and go to ride calender to see the flyer and more info

also check out the track being ridden by Michael Kearton

http://www.gravitysport.com/micmtstanley_0001.wmv

there will be a BBQ lunch provided :)

gnarly_rider

Likes Dirt
Anyone interested in sharing petrol costs from central/southern Melbourne for this? At this point I'm looking at going up Sat lunchtime, and returning either Sunday night or Monday morning. Not sure if I'll camp it or go up-market. Alternatively, if someone has room for me and my bike, that'd be great. PM me if interested.......

Alex

kb

Likes Dirt
Track???

Heard that shuttles might only be running for a portion of the track, can anyone confirm this as would love the whole track to be running on the day

Cheers

gnarly_rider

Likes Dirt
Was speaking to Linden at Barjarg yesterday (Beechworth Chaingang DH organiser) after hearing such a rumour: he indicated that they had been considering an easier option around the rockgarden, but this had not materialised. So whole track will still be run: those who can't ride the rock garden can walk it.

Last edited:

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
kb said:
Heard that shuttles might only be running for a portion of the track, can anyone confirm this as would love the whole track to be running on the day

Cheers
I was talking to Stainless yesterday and the hole track top to bottom will be run. Wish I could make it as is so much fun, has everything crazy rock garden, nice jumps and 70k plus fire road with water bars. Have done a lot of work on the track laterly and is in great condition the lower section is super fast now.

Last edited:

stainless

Likes Bikes
the shuttles will be the whole track, as people fatigue we will see if anyone wants to do short runs of the lower half, but we will be running the whole track all day if the riders are keen

kb said:

Cheers

stainless

Likes Bikes
we are full

we are full, sorry to the members that missed out, (need to be quicker next time)......if you are still keen to do ride days and would be interested in future events send me an email or PM anyway and you'll be on the list and one of the first to know in the future...

stainless

Likes Bikes
thanx

I just want to thank all the riders for coming to the stanley DH day, we had perfect weather (maybe a little cold), it rained last night so the track was super tacky today. No real injuries reported or mechanicals (except for the scratched stautions on the 40's, OUCH). One flat tire on the shuttle trailer which was quickly fixed. A big thanx to Cal for towing the trailer and to Paul for driving the bus.
See you all next time.
Should be about a month until our next ride day, keep an eye out for info and get your entries in early.

gnarly_rider

Likes Dirt
Linden, Cal and Paul, thanks guys for a well organised ride day, I was rapt to finally send the rock garden on my last run. Thoroughly enjoyed the day, and my DH friend who was rcok-climbing at Mt Pilot that day was rather jealous.

We did find and ride the Woolshed on Monday multiple times, and that was a great finish to a great long weekend.

Alex

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
Dont forget Tony for doing the final sweep each run, also bike and bike trailer tyre changes.
Josh if you are out there how is your butt? Didnt look very nice. Thats what happens when you try to ride a hard tail as fast as a dh rig throught the rock garden.
How sweet is it to pass motos flat out on the fire road. They must of sh#t them selfs.

thomo_78

Cannon Fodder
A big thanks to all who were involved.... It was a top day, perfect weather (A bit frosty in the morning), a tacky track, and great organisation....
I'm looking forward to the next one!!
Are there any plans for another beginner fun day? I know some mates who were busy for the first one, and they're mad keen..
Ha! Good one cal! The rockgarden seemed alot smoother when you went through... thinking about making a new purchase though.. No not a dually yet..

I think I need these..

Attachments

stainless

Likes Bikes
thomo_78 said:
I'm looking forward to the next one!!
Are there any plans for another beginner fun day? I know some mates who were busy for the first one, and they're mad keen..
yep, there will be another beginner DH day, in a few months time. Before then I have penciled our next ride day on the 16 July 06 at Mt Beauty (bring warm clothes) :)
its not in concrete yet but if you are keen give me a call, (it will be pre entry only) dhchaingang@hotmail.com or PM