Mt Keira trails

Rohan Hammond

Likes Bikes
Hey Guys,

Some mates and i are planning on heading down to Wollongong for the day to ride and have been told that Mt Keira is the spot. We are all down hillers so not too keen walking much but will have a car and trailer for shuttling.

Can people tell me if it is worth the trip, and are the trails hard to find on the Mt Keira look out????

Thanks Guys

Gronk

Likes Dirt
Being an illegal trail which, I think, locals feel they are living on borrowed time with before it gets shut down... you may find some people hesitant to give away too many secrets about Mt Keira.

Rohan Hammond

Likes Bikes
Mt Keira

Hey,

I thought that this would be the case, but if anyone has any info on Mt Keira that they do not want to share with to many pople they can email me at rohanhammond@gmail.com i keen to get a big crew together to ride out there this weekend. I would be also keen to meet some riders from the 'Gong'.

MasterOfReality

After forever
Better put your flame suit on mate! Gong locals are very sensitive!
Very true.

I have had little shits probably around 13-15 years of age have a go at me and my cousin, because they thought we weren't locals.

They change their tune after we explain we have been riding the same tracks they ride since they were 2 years old and probably still sucking on their mum's tit.

Very true.

I have had little shits probably around 13-15 years of age have a go at me and my cousin, because they thought we weren't locals.

They change their tune after we explain we have been riding the same tracks they ride since they were 2 years old and probably still sucking on their mum's tit.

hahaha, i get the opposite, the 13-15 year olds think i know what im doing then get shocked when i ask them about the tracks only relising im still newish to this whole thing.

dh1

Likes Dirt
some of them can be diks, i have had the odd experience but i dunt care anymore. i jus anyway, im not trying to fuk the trails up and im jus as much as a local then them. it would be nive if the pulled their heads out of thearses and realised every1 jus wantsto ride and that they are the real diks

some of them can be diks, i have had the odd experience but i dunt care anymore. i jus anyway, im not trying to fuk the trails up and im jus as much as a local then them. it would be nive if the pulled their heads out of thearses and realised every1 jus wantsto ride and that they are the real diks
Funny you mention that, I've yet to come across any other riders to be dicks. So far they all are pretty cool and have a bit of a chat with you, thats what i love about this sport. Everyone (so far) are cool as and aren't shy to share tips with you.

dh1

Likes Dirt
yea probably cause you know afew. i have tried to get to know alot of the riders and chat with them but all they do i give me weird looks and push me away. all im trying to doisbe nice and ride andshare my passion for the sport.
but yea there are some good lads out there but iam yet to feel comfortable riding there

McPete

Likes Dirt
A few of the moto guys in the area who we occasionally come across can get a bit aggro, but most of the folks you run into up around the escarpment are good. I just get a few weird looks because I'm slow and I ride a dinosaur of a bike :p

jda

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No I've never had any bad vibes riding down there, just seen a few angry gong riders posting on Farkin, I guess I can understand why they get pissed off when the trails get shut down because too many people were riding them on the weekends.

My advice would be to park away from the trail exits so you don't disturb the people in the houses at the bottom of the trails, just have to ride down the road a bit and keep the noise down.

October26

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you do ride with a crew just keep the noise and fuss down around the local residents houses.
Loud music, swearing, skidding your bike and carrying on isn't helpful when most of the local people have been really cool with us.

Just show a little respect.

tallongdownhill

Likes Dirt
If you do ride with a crew just keep the noise and fuss down around the local residents houses.
Loud music, swearing, skidding your bike and carrying on isn't helpful when most of the local people have been really cool with us.

Just show a little respect.
couldn't agree more and also take your rubbish with you, i know the locals are getting annoyed over this

motox199

Likes Dirt
Myself and alot of the fellas dont up there dont mind people coming and riding down here, but unfortunately some people get quite agro when " non - locals" come and ride the trails. There are some awsome trails down here so just as the others have said, just try to keep the noise down and clean up after yourself and you'll be fine. As for the mountain currently being on fire i just took a look out the window and it looks alright. Ive been told that the fire is up behind the escarpment around the orchards and stuff. There is no fire around the trails, just alot of smoke thats drifting over.

Gronk

Likes Dirt
With the closures of other local trails and the increasing amount of "not shore" being built around Keira, I dare say it's only a matter of time before it is closed down... especially when people are building things than can clearly be seen from the road as you drive past.

The place is also turning in grand central station on the weekends with so many people riding it, so as suggested earlier, try parking around the corner a bit and keep the dickheadery to a minimum. I have spoken to a couple of the residents there and they are nice people, so I think it's best we don't push our luck ;)