Mt Annan Track

big mike

Squid
Hey there,
I have entered the 6+6 hr race that is being run at Mt Annan Botanic gardens.
Question is,who has ridden out there?
I will be going at it solo on my SS so I am wondering how hilly is up there,does it flow real nice for us SS?:victorious:
Thanks
Mick

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Ridden Mt Annan but don't ride SS.
I believe it is not an easy track. As you are from the South Coast you may not find it too hard.
I feel as though there is a lot of climbing in (time) compared to down.
Bring 2 sprockets, just in case and have fun as it is a great track.
I'm riding 24h in team of 6, so I'm a whimp.

BLKFOZ

Likes Dirt
I raced in the 8hr there a few months ago. Quite a demanding track physically, not too many technical challenges. There are a couple of interesting bits to keep it fun though. Single speed would be ok I think - there were a few at the 8hr. A couple of the pinch climbs would be tough on a single speed but all ridable I think. Only sections you would struggle on are the few open fireroad sections where you would spin out.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
I will be going at it solo on my SS so I am wondering how hilly is up there,does it flow real nice for us SS?:victorious:
Thanks
No. Climbs are short but pinchy and traffic reaching for granny gear can make it quite frustrating.

Bring 2 sprockets, just in case and have fun as it is a great track.
No, Just go low and go go go. Not too many spots where you'd come close to spinning out a 46" gear.

abevern

Likes Dirt
I raced the 8hr too, with luxurious full suspension and a number of gears. It was pretty hard. Especially listening to my riding buddy bitch about how much it sucked on a single speed. There's sections which have anti-flow, there's pinchy climbs and there's baby-head rock gardens in places that will make you cry. But there is definitely some hilarity and I'd ride it again. At the least pack some big bag tires, shorter gearing and some cement pills.

If I'm permitted a bit of shameless self promotion - the video I made is here:
[video=vimeo;30586232]http://vimeo.com/30586232[/video]

And my mate on the single speed made one too:
[video=vimeo;29366869]http://vimeo.com/29366869[/video]

HerdingCats

Likes Dirt
If I'm permitted a bit of shameless self promotion - the video I made is here ...
Pearler vid - great editing and sound track. The down tube view looking forwards is great, especially to track the arc of the front wheel as you got a bit of air.

muvro

Likes Dirt
Abvern, that is an awesome vid man!!! Music and picture. Hats off. :)

I agree also, the track in parts is very anti-flow, but others are awesome! The track is unrelenting and for enduro events very demanding. But that's the great part of it, it's challenging. The only thing I hate on the track is that really tight twisty bit between the trees that you have to basicly come to a halt on. Very annoying, but you take the good with the bad I guess lol