Moto Tricks

brad353

Likes Dirt
I love seeing moto tricks performed on pushbikes. Always wanted to learn proper nac nacs on a pushy, as they're one of my favourite tricks and I've never seen anyone do one on a pushy properly. I've seen nac nacs on pushy's, but never where they push the bike out and away from themselves with the foot that remains on the peg, thats what makes them look special. Anyone seen a proper nac nac on a pushy? Got some pics? Or pics of any moto tricks on pushies for that matter, like superflips (seen McCaul and a few others do them), rodeo airs (haven't seen it), heel clickers (seen it), nine o'clock nacs (haven't seen it), superman double seat grabs (haven't seen it), turndown whips (moto style- would love to learn them on a pushy, think it'd impress a few).

Pics.... care to share?

Attachments

Last edited:
ive seen superman double grabs in photos, and pushed out nacs too, ill try find some pics but i saw them a while ago.

personally, i think extending nacs down looks better on a bike though

Last edited:

brad353

Likes Dirt
ahhh sic dude, thanks. that doublegrab pic looks wicked, makes me wanna practice pushin my cannonballs out into supermans. i think a rodeo air would look pretty cool on a pushy

yeah i dont see motos doing inverts or unturndowns, i guess shifting your feet into the right position for them would be next to impossible though as you need to slide your foot down the crankand point it towards the bottom bracket

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The issue is that alot of these tricks rely on the weight of the bike being similar to the rider, so it doesnt just float away. Also, having triple clamp forks, to help you pull the bike back in is necessary (for no fotted naks etc). Although, I have seen mitch chubey do cliffhangers

brad353

Likes Dirt
Nac nac's are coming back...
[video]http://www.pinkbike.com/v/168193[/video]
wow those nac nac's are wild, not like any i've seen before. i still prefer the traditional style ala mcgrath and pastrana, where they whip the bike sideways and step right away from it. can't see why that can't be done on a pushbike. you'd want some pretty grippy pedals though.

The issue is that alot of these tricks rely on the weight of the bike being similar to the rider, so it doesnt just float away. Also, having triple clamp forks, to help you pull the bike back in is necessary (for no fotted naks etc). Although, I have seen mitch chubey do cliffhangers
hayden i completely understand what you're saying and would've always agreed with you up until not too long ago. when you see a rider do a big superflip or even ruler flip with no flip bars though which completely warps my perception of physics, it makes you think anything really is possible. agreed a no foot or nine o'clock nac would have to be nearly impossible on a bike with single crown forks, i wouldn't rule it out altogether though. by the way, never thought of cliffhangers, hell yeah! totally possible

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Moto nacs on mtb are sooooo gay, to be honest i think they look shittttt, they're easy and gayyy and don't feel good... Doing them like Wink does dominates, euro'ing them in, it feels amazing!!

Lance's flip is a bail also..

brad353

Likes Dirt
gotta disagree patto, nac nac's can be one of the classiest tricks out when done right, just like a massive whip. we just haven't seen them done with any style yet on a pushbike. pirateking's pic is getting closer to the mark but the dude in that pic needs to step back from his bike further and get his leg straight and more horizontal. the ones that are easy to do are the ones that look shit. found a pic of a cordova:

Attachments

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Nac seat grabs is where its at!!

I can nac out the back a little, but i don't think they look good at allllllllll, down and euro'd soooo much better!!!

*Mikes 'California Roll' is just a body variable, not new what so ever.

Last edited:
yeah montgomery was the first to land one on a mtb, he didnt invent it (at least thats what i heard)

as for nac seat grabs i have yet to see one that didnt look cool, i think semenuk did a few at the post office jam last year or the year before, he makes them look so easy :cool:

brad353

Likes Dirt
anyone heard of "The California Roll" Mike Montgomery pulled it off at COC..... freakin sick trick! but there's also this gnarly mtb trick where you do a 360 with the handlbars and your frame stays straight ! :eek:
http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/memb...Camp-of-Champions,2998/Camp-of-Champions,2633
i think you're talkin about a decade air, and i don't think you're gonna see that happen on a moto mate. although.... pastrana did try it on a modified rm... and failed

Nac seat grabs is where its at!!

I can nac out the back a little, but i don't think they look good at allllllllll, down and euro'd soooo much better!!!

*Mikes 'California Roll' is just a body variable, not new what so ever.
nac seat grab? yeah that does look pretty cool. is that you doin the nac nac in the second pic though? that looks niiice, very nice. that's pretty close to what i'm on about, just need to push the back of the bike out a little further sideways and it'd look amazing! i'm impressed with that pic if thats you.

my moto tricks are- moto whips, nothings, no foot cans