AM Morewood Jabula

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
1WP_20160212_16_18_45_Pro a.jpg

1WP_20160212_16_19_05_Pro a.jpg

This bike was made up with mostly leftovers from one of my old DH bikes. I thought I should use them and so this was born. Needed new wheels, fork and I wanted a dropper. Most other stuff is the same. The road cassette is pretty horrible as uphill is a nightmare. Still descends really well, maybe 70-75% of my DH bike, so cant complain. Ill try put a bigger cassette on the rear at some point if i can be bothered.

Interestingly, its pretty similar geo wise as my old all mountain bike, just longer travel (by 20mm) - but it feels like it has a much longer reach (when its actually shorter)...the fork is a lot stiffer than other all mountain forks I have been running which is great. Im ~92kgs and ride relatively hard so flexy forks can be a bit annoying. The back end is stiff as, first ride out couldnt use all the travel but couldnt be bothered adjusting on the ride. Took out one click of LSC after the ride so see how i go next time. Rear sag is at 30%. Havent looked at any fork settings other than rebound but it feels ok, just had to slow it down out of the box. Typical marzocchi goodness.

If I ride it sometime son maybe ill put more of a review up but I dont think itll change much, other than suspension settings....Ive got a 100mm bike, and a 200mm bike, so hopefully this bike makes sense to ride every now and then.

Frame - Morewood Jabula Large 170mm
Rear shock - CCDB Air
Front shock/fork - Marzocchi 55 170m. 20mm axle thank god
Handlebars - Burgtec Ridewide Carbon Trail 760mm
Stem - Kodex 50mm
Grips - Spank
Seatpost - KS Dropzone
Brakes -Formula The One
Cranks - Saint
Chainguide - cSixx carbon
Pedals - Burgtec penthouse flats, of course
Rear derailleur - SRAM XO