More Whistler stuff

S.

ex offender
My mate Ross cracked the headtube of his bike due to riding too fast and too hard for too long, so he borrowed his girlfriend's bike (gentleman through and through) in order to putt around the hill and take some photos today. All photos by Ross Dunlop.

Trying to kill the 2nd corner on Freight Train, so loose up there right now. Note front wheel foldage, just like the pros... when they feel like tasting dirt.

Giving it a red hot huck on Freight Train. I don't have any style so please don't ask.

Ok we spent a bit of time on Freight Train. It's a basic trail but f**k me if it doesn't have some stupidly fun jumps.

Funny story behind this one - for those who know the trail Goats Gully, this will make sense. This is pretty much the hardest trail in the bike park, and the part in the photo is steeper than it looks in the pic and obviously rocky - we were trying to time a photo with me having my hands completely off the brakes in order to make it look like I was pinning the crap out of some chute of death. However due to us messing that up, actual speed at the time the photo was roughly a trackstand.

More Goat's Gully - this is one of the "cheat" lines that basically involves pointing, shooting and hoping.

Cornering like a punter on Blue Velvet. This trail is "only" a blue trail but in typical Whistler Bike Park fashion, it's retarded amounts of fun.

Wallride on Blue Velvet - it's actually possible to bottom your bike out whilst "cornering" here.

New section of Blue Velvet that currently turns into In Deep - the "square off berm" at the bottom of a rock wallride/huck thing. Definitely one of my top 10 favourite things on the mountain.

Hip/huck after the Drop-in Clinic on No Joke/Freight Train. So much fun!

The hip on D1. One of the sickest jumps ever built, this thing gives that feeling of unlimited airtime and a sweet landing.

I'm too much of a pussy to do the actual wallride so I just try and hit it with my rear wheel.

The sketchy berm on Canadian Open. Not going to pretend I can do this well more than 1 time out of 10, but the odd occasion when you do nail it is pretty much better than sex... well at least sex with someone you don't like.

Despite what the dust trail may have you believe, I did not skid the entire way around that corner.

Hucking the jump into the trees on Canadian Open with less style than Robbie Bourdon.

I live here. Yeah :)

jmeers

Likes Dirt
Sick pics mate, just got back from whistler the other day........wish i was still there

That wallride on blue velvet is so much fun, but still i think freight train was the track i liked most of all

Cronar

Likes Dirt
Damn you, I really didn't need to see these photos!
For fiduciary reasons I couldn't head over this year ... I guess Rotovegas will have to do!
That 'Hollywood Hit' jump near Fitzsimmons looks really fun.

Hobzai

Likes Bikes
LOL "retarded amounts of fun" - vintage S. Nice pics, man!

Super dry and dusty here right now but the fun coefficient is still off the chain. The park is still in pretty good shape all things considered.

S.

ex offender
shit like that make me never want to leave this place!
Yeah it's tough hey, living 0 pedal strokes out of the bike park (was that a typo? No it was not), and having sick jumps into the bottom of a chairlift that's 100 feet away from the bar. Not really sure how I haven't shot myself yet :)

Mugger

Senir oMermber
Ah Freight Train, grew to love that track as well as In Deep. Goats Gully was pretty off the chain too.

That jump at the end of Canadian open had some guys totally sending it, awesome to watch from the chairlift.

Pity I had to leave :(

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Truely sucks to be you Stevo!!!:p I can tell you miss home!:cool:

And Jazza Wil is hating every minute he's over there. I can tell!!!!

jda

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Props for taking that line off the side of the bridge on goats gully, you have bigger balls than me!

jazza_wil

Likes Dirt
Yeah it's tough hey, living 0 pedal strokes out of the bike park (was that a typo? No it was not), and having sick jumps into the bottom of a chairlift that's 100 feet away from the bar. Not really sure how I haven't shot myself yet :)
yeah i hate having a downhill track off the middle of Aline into my backyard that we can build what ever we want on. driving at least an hour to go riding sound so much more fun back home