More pics of Yackandandah DH

stainless

Likes Bikes
Just a few more pics of the track we have built at Yack, we are in the process of riding it in now and fine tuning.

Attachments

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's looking pretty good, I am looking forward to riding and racing a new track. Have read there might be some fire issues at the time of the proposed race, anything in that?

gravity

Likes Dirt
It's looking pretty good, I am looking forward to riding and racing a new track. Have read there might be some fire issues at the time of the proposed race, anything in that?
YES !! We are negotiating to have the date changed to autumn. Will keep u posted. It will happen though ! :)

aday

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Track looks awesome guys, can't wait for the race there! Gonna be sweet, keep us posted when it will be so we can book accommodation.
Cheers

Icarus

Likes Dirt
How can I find out about build days? Linden should have my email somewhere. (or is it a "group of friends" thing?)

gravity

Likes Dirt
How can I find out about build days? Linden should have my email somewhere. (or is it a "group of friends" thing?)
Keep an eye on the club's website and forum- http://www.beechworthchaingang.com
We've already promoted a couple of 'official' working bees. There has been a bunch of unofficial days too or just club members working on the track when they can. Only 25min drive from Wodonga ! Will be some half working bee / half ride days coming up too.

Cheers, Paul

stainless

Likes Bikes
we have only had a few big working bees, and most of the time has just been, when a few of us have finished work we head out there until dark, pretty informal.

Keep an eye out though because I will be holding a pretty low key ride day out there to help bed it all in.

If you are ever up for a ride just give me a call and ill let you know what 'the regulars' are up to and you might be able to tag along, (so long as you can drive shuttles as well :p)

gravity

Likes Dirt
An evening session today at the Yackandandah DH trail and some pics I took. Gotta love daylight savings ! :)
Cheers, Paul

Last edited:

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
What happened to the crack photo? Was much better then the rest lol. Or was it to much for the public to see hehe.

Superman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lookin good guys!

But, im not exactly sure how those berms would handle a state round if there ever was one there? Or is the dirt really good?

Sam

gravity

Likes Dirt
Lookin good guys!

But, im not exactly sure how those berms would handle a state round if there ever was one there? Or is the dirt really good?

Sam
The top rocky section has shallow soil whereas the lower section of the trail (still quite long) is more stable. The plan is to move our round of the State Round series to a date in autumn (april or may) which would be better for the track and out of the fire danger period. Like everything around here it's dry and we are in a drought....nothing like some good rain to improve the trails and stabilise the dirt ! There's not much we can do about the weather. Have you built any real trails yourself ? There's a lot to be learnt. :)

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Gravity is right.
Yep we are stuck in a drought + for those who havent experienced a bushfire I can tell you it is scarey.
We had one rip thru our place early 2003-- missed the house + burnt about 6 acres every tree + fence post was on fire.
Many fires start from human activity.
The site for the new Yackandandah mtb downhill track faces towards the west so the wind would push a fire uphill thru the bush along the track + all riders travelling up or down would be cooked in 5 minutes.
Now we dont want that-- so unless it rains to pack down the jumps + berms + also reduce the fire risk we need to postpone the race until Autumn.
The good part is that we can make the track better , provide B+C lines and start the freeride /xc tracks.

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
Gravity is right.
Yep we are stuck in a drought + for those who havent experienced a bushfire I can tell you it is scarey.
We had one rip thru our place early 2003-- missed the house + burnt about 6 acres every tree + fence post was on fire.
Many fires start from human activity.
The site for the new Yackandandah mtb downhill track faces towards the west so the wind would push a fire uphill thru the bush along the track + all riders travelling up or down would be cooked in 5 minutes.
Now we dont want that-- so unless it rains to pack down the jumps + berms + also reduce the fire risk we need to postpone the race until Autumn.
The good part is that we can make the track better , provide B+C lines and start the freeride /xc tracks.
meaning it will no longer be part of the state series?, have you contacted any other club regarding this, this is the first confemed claim i have heard.

gravity

Likes Dirt
meaning it will no longer be part of the state series?, have you contacted any other club regarding this, this is the first confemed claim i have heard.
I've been talking to Wayne from Club Mud who's organising the State DH Series about this for the past 6 weeks at least. He's knows all about it and is trying to change or swap the dates. You may not have heard about it but the man in charge has. Hope u have a speedy recovery too Wayne (and don't sell the bike !) :)

p.s.- I'm sure he doesn't mind me saying but Rowdy Flat is the very generous owner (and friend) of the land where the Yackandandah DH trail is. He's a MTB'er himself and keen for more trails there.

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
I've been talking to Wayne from Club Mud who's organising the State DH Series about this for the past 6 weeks at least. He's knows all about it and is trying to change or swap the dates. You may not have heard about it but the man in charge has. Hope u have a speedy recovery too Wayne (and don't sell the bike !) :)

p.s.- I'm sure he doesn't mind me saying but Rowdy Flat is the very generous owner (and friend) of the land where the Yackandandah DH trail is. He's a MTB'er himself and keen for more trails there.
well its been a joint coordination but its good to knwo for ure now rather then not being able to answer questions people have been asking us.

Hopefully we can arrange another date as the track looks like great fun!

I think a big hand needs to go out to all private property owners, such as your friend, scott reidy- long gully, sam steinloff-barjarg etc for helping the sport progress and for the fantastic tracks theyve supplied!

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
I think a big hand needs to go out to all private property owners, such as your friend, scott reidy- long gully, sam steinloff-barjarg etc for helping the sport progress and for the fantastic tracks theyve supplied!
Heir Heir!

Couldn't do it with out em.

BTW - the yack track is looking ace, I look forward to crashing on it! (thats all I seem to do these days, so ill just embrace it:D )

nick666

Likes Bikes
cant wait to ride it! going to yack, beechworth and bright for a day of riding on friday :D its gonna be sveet