Mont 24 advice

tprmc78

Likes Dirt
Mmmm, of course concerts provide full refunds as a matter of course, because dept of fair trading makes it abundantly clear that they must.

Incidentally, the only person that clicks on the I agree button for a Mont entry is the team captain who pays the money. The rest of the team would only see it if they searched first.

I hope they can move it, or held suitable insurance.

EDIT,
JD you cannot write any old T&C into a contract and rely upon it just because the other person signs it - it has to fulfill various provisions of fairness in common contract law and legislation, especially when one party has no power to change the contract - eg you don't get to choose your contract for a home phone connection, or an iPhone app, or any of. A million things you do day to day. But there are laws protecting you from over zealous companies writing the contract entirely to benefit them.
Have you actually read what you are writing. It is clear that you are quite emotional about having the event cancelled and is clouding your judgement. If you agree to the terms that were on the contract whether it be the captain or whoever they entered the whole team into that contract. Clearly you need to get your head around contract law and understand the notion of a tort. You can put anything you like into a contract as long as it doesn't break any laws or right. Then the onus is on the other party to dispute or strike out parts of the contract that they do not agree on.

This thread has definitely made for an interesting read ...........................................

Big JD

Wheel size expert
I disagree on both points. To state your expectations is not to lynch, and better they understand the position of many riders beforehand than after.

Also, if their claim is we had to pay all these costs and have no money to refund, fair enough but as someone said, trust, but verify- which is why their financials become our business.
Sorry but dont you think they might be aware of the riders concerns, the fact that there are many disappointed people out there. I really dont think that the riders need to coach the promoters on how they are feeling about a situation that has not been formulated or communicated.

Have faith and wait till their offer. They are a private business and live and die on their product/ service/ reputation/ ethics- their financials are not accessible and nor should they be.

betelnut

Likes Dirt
JD it is fkn wet as here mate. About to go for a track ride just to stretch the legs as all my real trails will be ratsh!t. I was expecting to see a lot of disappointed riders moping around town but doesn't appear to be the case.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Keep it up only 60 more pages of whinging to go. These guys are clearly the bad guys, making huge profits off cancelled events

Or have they been building trails for years for all to ride??

Have a look at the Nobmob thread on the Mont.

'Oh look, it's been cancelled - bugger'

'Sensible decision by organizers'

End thread.

betelnut

Likes Dirt
PS I'm nearly 800 shekels out of pocket for my team entry but I'm happy to sit back and wait to see what options are made available to us. If I lose my dough I doubt I'll lose my shit. I can still ride my bike!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I was expecting to see a lot of disappointed riders moping around town but doesn't appear to be the case.
I was too. Have seen a few cars here and there with bikes and tents but not many at all. I'd expect Stomlo is getting completely chewed up today though. Not looking forward to seeing the outcome of that.

I'll probably ride the fire trails on Black Mountain tomorrow just so get the legs pumping. The weather down here has been fucking hideous for weeks now. You'd think the govt would do something about it, I want a refund on life.....

betelnut

Likes Dirt
I for one plan to sue SPE, BoM, and God for loss of enjoyment of life. Anyone for a class action?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Big JD

Wheel size expert
PS I'm nearly 800 shekels out of pocket for my team entry but I'm happy to sit back and wait to see what options are made available to us. If I lose my dough I doubt I'll lose my shit. I can still ride my bike!

I got photos from mates who traveled up from Melbourne- They are getting slowly toasted in Canberra- good for local economy - Indian restaurant last night and Japanese tonight plus accommodation.

Can you post your new bike somewhere too please MN

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Keep it up only 60 more pages of whinging to go. These guys are clearly the bad guys, making huge profits off cancelled events

Or have they been building trails for years for all to ride??

Have a look at the Nobmob thread on the Mont.

'Oh look, it's been cancelled - bugger'

'Sensible decision by organizers'

End thread.
+1 on this. Re: whinging, seems opinions are like assholes - everyone has one.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I was too. Have seen a few cars here and there with bikes and tents but not many at all. I'd expect Stomlo is getting completely chewed up today though. Not looking forward to seeing the outcome of that.

I'll probably ride the fire trails on Black Mountain tomorrow just so get the legs pumping. The weather down here has been fucking hideous for weeks now. You'd think the govt would do something about it, I want a refund on life.....
Stromlo is a mess...we ended up riding Cotter Rd & firetrails at the back of the "mountain" so rolled down Skyline & Luge to head back into the city. We couldn't leave sooner & felt bad riding the mess that's there.

Hardly anyone else was there so that's a good thing...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gead

Likes Dirt
I got photos from mates who traveled up from Melbourne- They are getting slowly toasted in Canberra- good for local economy - Indian restaurant last night and Japanese tonight plus accommodation.

Can you post your new bike somewhere too please MN
Now it's beers in hotel rooms....better than standing knee deep in mud....

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Now it's beers in hotel rooms....better than standing knee deep in mud....
Heh, I'm getting the study done that I should have been focused on in the first place.

Silver lining...., of sorts.

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
Have you actually read what you are writing. It is clear that you are quite emotional about having the event cancelled and is clouding your judgement. If you agree to the terms that were on the contract whether it be the captain or whoever they entered the whole team into that contract. Clearly you need to get your head around contract law and understand the notion of a tort. You can put anything you like into a contract as long as it doesn't break any laws or right. Then the onus is on the other party to dispute or strike out parts of the contract that they do not agree on.

This thread has definitely made for an interesting read ...........................................
There's a link around page 12 which describes unfair contracts. I had a read. It says to the contrary of your point in that reasonableness, if that's a real word, of the contract is considered. Having said that, it did make a point of saying that if it involved recreational activities then the company was exempt from this 'consideration'.

I too am quite emotional. I'm going down to the mancave to look at my bike

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Given these tracks are my regular weekend hangout, I am happy to see the race cancelled. That and the fact I was going to be in a tent (not one of the many sweet super caravan luxury pads!).

There was no way the race could have happened - the trails at Kowen will cope fine with "normal" use in the wet (well made tracks, not much loose soil in the pine forests), but a couple of thousand punters and they would have been rooted for the rest of the year...

Went out for a sticky today, were a few people out getting muddy. Did one lap and some other bits in two hours and still lost a rotor from a pad to the metal and water got in my XT rear mech jockeys - expensive ride... Would have been a hell of a lot of totalled bikes and DNFs had they pushed on.

$180. Meh. No doubt saved me stacks in repairs and certainly ensured my regular trails will be ok.

Handekk

Likes Dirt
instead of getting emotional why not go to Tathra this coming weekend?for the Tathra enduro! some of the best singletrack on the coast, and by all means keep visiting that man cave.:wave:

loc81

Likes Dirt

If you aren't fussed about a lazy 800 then I need to get a job where you work buddy!