Mongoose for 4x

hey guys, i was wondering what your opinon would be for a beginner 4x rider to start off on a 2008 mongoose fireball,
all opinions are appreciated

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
If your a beginner 4x rider it would be a good bike to start on and learn on. Once you get quicker you can start upgrading parts and stuff and eventually you could get a different frame.

I have ridden one once and it didn't feel too bad, for a beginner it seems like a pretty good choice if you don't want a potential of blowing tonns of money away.

tombmxer95

Likes Bikes
Nah, waste of money aih. Just get a good bike to start with. That way, you can learn everything on that bike because when you change from the fireball to something else, it will all be different geometry and shit like that...And you save money from not buying the fireball.

feltq650

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey guys, i was wondering what your opinon would be for a beginner 4x rider to start off on a 2008 mongoose fireball,
all opinions are appreciated
it should be fine, get it and give it a go if you out "ride" the frame or bike down the path just sell up and get a new rig but untill then stick with the fireball.

zanus

Likes Dirt
don't buy the fireball mate. I have many friends who have them. They are not good bikes. You would spend most of the time upgrading. My bet is an STP. Cheap, and ok specs. Or go 2nd hand

smiff123

Likes Dirt
don't buy the fireball mate. I have many friends who have them. They are not good bikes. You would spend most of the time upgrading. My bet is an STP. Cheap, and ok specs. Or go 2nd hand
I was going to say the same thing.
Stp is the way to go.
Start with a 1 or 2 and upgrade till you have something that suits you because the frame's perfect for 4x.

evil_duffman

Likes Dirt
Do It!

There's nothing wrong with the mongoose hardtails,
I've had an STP and loved it but would have never thought about mongoose till a mate hooked me up with one and it *S*Bombs all over the STP.
Well worth upgrading :D

couttsyrides

Likes Bikes
I have a fully custom stp2 08 and and a slightly modified mongoose ritual 08 and in my opinion the mongoose out rides the stp in 4x hands down

Jasper12

Likes Bikes
If your a beginner 4x rider it would be a good bike to start on and learn on. Once you get quicker you can start upgrading parts and stuff and eventually you could get a different frame.

I have ridden one once and it didn't feel too bad, for a beginner it seems like a pretty good choice if you don't want a potential of blowing tonns of money away.
Sums it up nicely :cool:

Last edited: