Mogo trails - snake track etc open? - anyone been lately?

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Closed to public due to logging until next year.

I rode it in sep/october just before formal closure and no maintenance had been done on the main loop for a long time, no point in keeping up trails that are just gonna be trashed by loggers. At that stage the snake track was still mint but I have seen recent photos from with logs etc strewn across the track.

Plenty of other trails to ride in the area if you know where to look.

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode there a few weeks ago, and it was all in a pretty sad state of affairs.
Logging right next to snake track, and a couple of bull dozers have cut across it.
However..... Wandered into batemans Bay specialized and had a chat with them. Turns out there are some pretty sweet trails just out of Batemans.
Some of the flowiest single track I have ridden. Abalone was a real favourite.

slimjim1

Rode there a few weeks ago, and it was all in a pretty sad state of affairs.
Logging right next to snake track, and a couple of bull dozers have cut across it.
However..... Wandered into batemans Bay specialized and had a chat with them. Turns out there are some pretty sweet trails just out of Batemans.
Some of the flowiest single track I have ridden. Abalone was a real favourite.
It's a great trail and severely under-utilised. That whole area is full of singletrack and I never see anyone else riding it.

moman

Likes Dirt
Just rode part of the dam trails and they are really nice. Just lost of smooth flowy single track and some really pretty bush.

I was planning on doing the loop but ran out of time as I'm not as fast as slimjim!

Definitely worth a look.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
ok it's christmas holidays once again......:clap2::clap2::clap2:,i'm going back down to murramarang this year ,whats the latest on Mogo...
rideable Y/N ?
also the trails out near Surfbeach (ridge rd & dog trap rd) ?
Slimjim are you still down that way........

slimjim1

ok it's christmas holidays once again......:clap2::clap2::clap2:,i'm going back down to murramarang this year ,whats the latest on Mogo...
rideable Y/N ?
When it suits me ;)

The maulbrooks loop no longer sees any maintenance...however, the snake track is running the best it ever has. Would recommend just doing runs of that if you're out that way of the highway.

The other surfbeach trails are in great nick.

There is another fun descent near the zoo which I cleaned up midway through the year, haven't had a chance to look at it since then though :( Can PM you location if interested.

stinky 510

Likes Dirt
rideable Y/N ?
snake track all good, gets kept in good nick

check out the trails at the dam (near dog trap rd)
check out the facebook page off camber-Eurobodalla mountain biking for regular social rides , I have met up with them a few times for a ride when I have been down there.
also ride down to the surf beach café for a coffee after a ride a top spot there

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
slimjim, pm me about the zoo trail
good to here that the snake track is being looked after......
Ben, thanks for the heads up about the Facebook page,I'll
definitely get my urban hipster on and go for a latte or two

Hornsby

Likes Dirt
The loop around the Mogo Dam is in fine fettle. Just returned from a week in Batehaven and I managed to get in a couple mornings riding the trails around Mogo Dam. Start at the intersection of ridge Rd and dog trap rd and follow the green arrows marking the track. the run down to the dam along RA50 is soooooo much fun.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
I've managed to squeeze in a couple of rides so far and....
slimjim,your trail is a real blast :rockon: did about half a dozen runs down it,also walked up it and did a stick cleanup as i went,it's a descent length as well,only thing i didn't enjoy was that short uphill section half way down,it really slowed you down to much :faint:......
the abalone- torque converter -Ra50 section down to the dam is a good ride also

slimjim1

I've managed to squeeze in a couple of rides so far and....
slimjim,your trail is a real blast :rockon: did about half a dozen runs down it,also walked up it and did a stick cleanup as i went,it's a descent length as well,only thing i didn't enjoy was that short uphill section half way down,it really slowed you down to much :faint:......
the abalone- torque converter -Ra50 section down to the dam is a good ride also
Glad you enjoyed, I did a blind run down it last week and it was riding pretty good except there was a few rogue sticks so thanks for taking care of that! :clap2:

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
yeah,one of the little buggers got wedged between the front tyre and the forks......
made a little "extra" bit of trail with the sudden stop....:ftmadgrin:
is there any other gravity trails near the top of that one?
had a ride up and down the fire trails but couldn't see any

slimjim1

yeah,one of the little buggers got wedged between the front tyre and the forks......
made a little "extra" bit of trail with the sudden stop....:ftmadgrin:
is there any other gravity trails near the top of that one?
had a ride up and down the fire trails but couldn't see any
PM

10 chars