Minion DHF 27.5 - WTF?

Kramer

FoBR
I'm looking for Maxxis Minion DHF 27.5 3C EXO TR tyres but it seems no one has any in stock... Has Maxxis decided to discontinue this tyre or have the Canadians bought all of the stock to cover their incoming winter??
Anyone know somewhere online or LBS with these in stock?

mint355

Likes Dirt
I just bought one from MTB Direct
Mtb Direct they had a typo on their website last weekend and accidentally sold like 29 of them at $37.95 (I spoke with claude). I never bought one though...... stupid me. They are like $77 now!!

teK--

Eats Squid
Mtb Direct they had a typo on their website last weekend and accidentally sold like 29 of them at $37.95 (I spoke with claude). I never bought one though...... stupid me. They are like $77 now!!
Yeah I saw that! Thought it was the wrong tyre at that price but after I realised that it was the correct one the price had gone up!

GRPABT1

Likes Dirt
They just brought out the 2.5 version in the new DD casing. I picked one up for a mate and I think it's finally the tyre to sway me away from Magic Mary's

Kramer

FoBR
Thanks for all of the replies - amazing that all of the "sophisticated" Internet search engines that I tried did not find these stores!

They just brought out the 2.5 version in the new DD casing. I picked one up for a mate and I think it's finally the tyre to sway me away from Magic Mary's
How is the 2.5 compared to the 2.3? Is it too heavy to pedal around (up hills)??
I used to run 26 inch Minion DHF downhill tyres which were a pig to pedal around (but awesome DH). Are these better / lighter??