Mid-Week DH shuttles....

Get Mounted

Likes Dirt
Ahoy.

I've got a pretty flexible schedule from now until Feb and I'm wondering if there's anyone that wants to get some mid-week DH shuttles happening. I live out east of Melb where there's some sweet runs but would be willing to travel. My car will only hold two DH bikes on the roof but that can be increased if anyone's got a DH friendly rack for the towbar.

Cheers!

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I also have a flexible work schedule so am open to mid-week shuttles. I also have a towbar friendly rack. When you say east I assume you're talking about W? There are a couple of other great places (near Melbourne) that I'm keen to ride that are only accessible by shuttle, so well keen.

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
i'd be keen. :) as long as its not too far away for me. and im only young (can't drive yet) so i wouldn't be able to drive the shuttles. where abouts in east melbourne are you

Last edited:

Nautonier

Eats Squid
i'd be keen. :) as long as its not too far away for me. and im only young (can't drive yet) so i would've be able to drive the shuttles. where abouts in east melbourne are you?
When you say you can't drive do you mean you don't have your license yet? Could you drive a car down a back country gravel road?

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When you say you can't drive do you mean you don't have your license yet? Could you drive a car down a back country gravel road?
Hahaha, gotta love the under age shuttles.
i can do it during school holidays, Im the same age as brycethebomb (and good mates with him), And i have driven a car before, (not 100% confident, But if someone is with me for the first 1 or 2 i will be fine).
keen for some shuttles :p

Last edited:

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Hahaha, gotta love the under age shuttles.
i can do it during school holidays, Im the same age as brycethebomb (and good mates with him), And i have driven a car before, (not 100% confident, But if someone is with me for the first 1 or 2 i will be fine).
keen for some shuttles :p
I hope I'm not coming across as a bad influence here...

You can teach me how to ride and I'll teach you how to drive :)

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
I'm keen for that.
I'm 18 in 159 days, but who's counting?

I'm a confident driver and all, just a bit sketchy on the whole driving underage thing.
Depends where we are at I suppose

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm keen for that.
I'm 18 in 159 days, but who's counting?

I'm a confident driver and all, just a bit sketchy on the whole driving underage thing.
Depends where we are at I suppose
Hahaha jayden, I drive better than i can ride :p

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hahaha... This is going to end in tears
*imagines fiery explosions as car tumbles down cliff at Mt Dandenong*

I honestly think that unless you have a designated driver, shuttling when you're underage/without your licence isn't fair. If you don't drive, then that's not fair on the rest of the riders, and if you do drive, its not fair on the other road users who you could potentially crash into and hurt/write off their cars with void insurance.

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
i dont have my licsence... and i have driven a car, but i am not very confident. at all. but it would be unfair to the other riders ( as sean said)

Nautonier

Eats Squid
i dont have my licsence... and i have driven a car, but i am not very confident. at all. but it would be unfair to the other riders ( as sean said)
Yeah, it is a bit of a risk and probably too much responsibility for whoever owned the car (void insurance etc)...

Get Mounted

Likes Dirt
Yeah fellas I won't be letting anyone without a license drive my car.......just stick to crashing bikes for now :crutch:. I dont mind having an un-licensed rider in on the shuttles as long as we have three licenced drivers to take turns. With the use of the DH friendly rear rack it should be a pretty sweet routine. PM me with your preferred day, I'm thinking wednesdays but Im flexible.

flames

Squid
Yeah fellas I won't be letting anyone without a license drive my car.......just stick to crashing bikes for now :crutch:. I dont mind having an un-licensed rider in on the shuttles as long as we have three licenced drivers to take turns. With the use of the DH friendly rear rack it should be a pretty sweet routine. PM me with your preferred day, I'm thinking wednesdays but Im flexible.
Did yas end up organizing anything ? I'm keen and I've got a vehicle if that helps can take 3 DH bikes + 3 riders + 1 driver

Get Mounted

Likes Dirt
No mate, havent got anything jacked up mid-week. I'm definately keen, PM me and hopefully we can get the ball rolling. The weather looks sweet for this friday, lets hit the trails out east?