Merida One-Forty 7.500 2015.. Who's got one, should I buy one?

Kym Anderson

Likes Bikes
Hello fellow peeps. I'm looking to replace my recently stolen steed in which I used to travel the rocky outcrops of my town.

I've taken a particular liking to the Merida One-Forty 7.500 2015 as it seems to have everything I need to ascend and follow with a comfortable descent. My only issue is I've never seen one in person, nor have a spoken to someone whom owns one... Does anyone have some information they'd like to share about it?

Thanks in advance

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a 120mm Merida dually - hated the suspension performance personally.

They are usually very well spec bikes ie high end bit but I think with their duallys it's like rolling a turd in glitter.

I personally would have the trance well ahead just based on maestro alone, even if the spec is a little bit off.

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
Pretty sure the 120 is still single pivot, the 140 is a VPP style bike.

I really like the geometry on the Merida bikes and the prices are pretty good for the spec they come with, I don't have one but it's one of the few built bikes I'd buy.

Mr Carlton Dry

Likes Bikes
I currently have the next one up 140.7 it's a much better spec. XT group set. I'd recommend this one over the 7.5 it rides super smooth, is light enough to climb and solid enough on descends. Only gripe is the 175mm cranks scrub a fair bit. I also went 1x10.

agentninety3

Likes Dirt
Looks like the fork is a Sektor Gold... seems like a pretty cheap fork for $3k rrp bike. That said I can't think of anything in the same price arena that has a better fork. Maybe a Polygon Collossus (if you like weird frame designs)?

It's also good to know the brake lever is 'attached' as opposed to something else :/