melbourne dirt jumpers

hey guys i was just wondering if there is anyone in the eastern suburbs that jumps? im in emerald and there is pretty much no one that rides and i am wanting someone to dig/ride with. i have a bit of space at home for jumps but am more than happy to help others with their tracks. cheers

ozmanick

Likes Dirt
i live in selby and am making a dh/dj track it's sort of downhillish but with a couple of dj and drops

fec

Squid
wow im in that area too,
but im not much of a dirt jumper
i give it a go now and then but i aint no good
more into downhill and xc

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
If you guys are serious about building somewhere there is a whole area at Lysterfield lake park that has been set aside for jumps. We have the dirt, we have the land, we have permission, we just need some designs and some guys who want to take responsibility for building them.

cockatoo jumps have been a bit damaged by a fallen tree, nothing a chainsaw couple of guys and shovels couldn't fix but I hear some locals on mx just screw the jumps anyways ....

ozmanick

Likes Dirt
lyterfield sounds awesome, i'll try and draw up some crappy sketches of some jumps. If the angles are wrong and the gaps don't make sense just check me up on it. And how big is the area set aside? The problem with lysterfeild is it's a bit of a way to ride with a shovel in your backpack.

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
cool all help is appreciated :) remember its close to the car park so its likely that you are going to get all sorts getting down there. we have to make sure there is something for everyone.

Also Ozmanik and anybody else for that matter if you want to help out we are meeting down at the new dam wall track this wednesday about 6-6:30 ish to finish that track. You can talk to Andrew about the dirt jumps and what needs to be done etc

ozmanick

Likes Dirt
is the dam wall track the one that's blocked off and has two berms along it. I went to lysterfield today and saw it, and also when did the two berms on the single track near trailmix get put up, the rock one is AWESOME couldn't help but ride it a few times.

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
is the dam wall track the one that's blocked off and has two berms along it. I went to lysterfield today and saw it, and also when did the two berms on the single track near trailmix get put up, the rock one is AWESOME couldn't help but ride it a few times.
yep thats the one. we need to finish off some drainage work etc and a rock causeway over a boggy area.

NS Capital Man

Likes Dirt
when is the next build day for those jumps at lysterfield, cause i live near i could come down and help.

Would i need to bring anything?