samlu

Likes Bikes
i am doing alot of freeriding and dirtjumping as well as some dh racing
what compound would be better?
thanks

Ty

Eats Squid
copy/paste from another post:

what i have found is that a low duro doesn't always equal fast wear, some tires have better rubber compounds that allow them to be softer but have better wear properties, the best example of this is the maxxis slow rizzay and super tackey, the ST is harder by 2a but i have found the slow rizzay wears better.

but remember that SRYs may not roll as fast so it could be harder getting through rythems where you can get a pedal in.

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a high roller super tacky and i find it pretty good grips like snot to a hanky :p yeh tehr good and they dont wear as fast a ppl say.

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Slow reezay is supposed to wear really well but suffer from a bit of rolling resisitance. I got a 2.5 mobster super tacky, no complaints, grips decent but nothing amazing...

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Slow reezaay minions are the gear, Ive had em on my DHi for ages and there's heaps of tread left. The rolling resistance is higher though, but they hook up really well. Super tacky bling blings roll fast and stick okay too, try em out.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
mmm... maxxis size really small, so a 2.5 highroller is like a 2.2 michelin... they'd definately fit. Highrollers are cool, they are my favourite maxxis. Minions roll slowly. I still prefer Michelins though. How is that DHI by the way Fatman? Still haven't ridden with you since I got a 'real' bullit aye?