Maxxis DTH 26"

tim_d

Likes Dirt
I was sure there used to be a parts thread in the DJ section, but couldn't find it.

Anyways need new tyres, SB8's are worn out. I came across these which look pretty sweet and the price is right.
Would these be suitable for everyday ride to school/skatepark/bit of dj/pump tracking or are they a super light race only, wear out super quick type tyre?
Can't find anything as they're pretty new and not much info is out there about them.
Anyone used them?

tim_d

Likes Dirt
I've heard from BMX forums that the sidewalls are paper thin and will tear like anything
Damn that sucks, can anyone confirm this would be the case for the 26"? I imagine it probably would be.
I get tears in my sidewalls fairly regularly so I probably shouldn't go there if that is the case.

billy_26

Likes Dirt
i havent used them yet, but i have a set sitting at work wait for my sb8's to wear out. the sidewall on them is no thinner than a sb8 but.

tim_d

Likes Dirt
I ended up getting a set anyway, and I'm pretty pleased with how they are so far.
The sidewalls, if anything, feel thicker than my old SB8's.
Only time will tell how long they last though.

Last edited:

Austen

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i have them on my jackal, they are light enough, but still robust i think, ive been doing dh runs with them and im 85kg
the bmx versions wear pretty good so im assuming the mtb version would also

tim_d

Likes Dirt
I heard the wire 2.15 version is 650g, but unfortunately don't have digital scales so can't weigh my folding ones. Probably like 550ish? Not super light, but pretty reasonable.

Austen

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i weighed mine before they went on, they are around 650, dont remember the exact number sorry

birdman

Likes Dirt
i run them on my bmx the first thing you notice is how well they roll,

i havent had any problems with the sidewalls