Mavic Deemax seized spokes

animalman86

Likes Bikes
Hi all,

Looking for any advice - I'm running a pair of Deemax 29er on my Pole Stamina. They were faultless for the first 12 months and at about 14 months I booked them in for a true up. Some of the spokes are seized and won't budge, the shop trued them up as best as possible but I'm now stuck with a wheel that is buckled enough that you can feel it rolling on the road. The shop has recommended that given the cost to fix, it's probably money better spent to buy a new wheelseet.

Anyone ever managed to free seized spokes without drilling them all out? Or failing this, anyone managed to get a warranty on mavic wheels?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Try penetrating fluid on all the nipples let the wheel sit to one side for a day, then reapply and sit on other side. Then try to replace the nipples with something in brass if they aren't some bullshit proprietary size.

If that doesn't work, burn them and promise yourself never to buy a Mavic wheel again.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

PJO

in me vL comy
There may be locktite on the nipples, if there is a bit of heat may loosen it. Also a longer handled tool like the park tool ones help.
I had some old Crossmax STs a long time ago, but literally gave them away because I didn't want to deal with the proprietary Mavic spokes and nipples.
Having said that some of their older (non-proprietary) rims are good, been running some XM319 on my commuter for over a decade and they just keep going, even though I ride the stairs out of work every day with 32mm tyres and panniers on.

cooki_monsta

Likes Dirt
I ended up getting a pair of DT Swiss ex511's laced to industry nine hydra hubs from Raild. Hamish was great to deal with and I would recommend to all. The wheels are amazing and feel bulletproof.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Hey buddy I just delaced some deemax wheels and have spare nipples if you need.

They were laced to hope hubs so I don't have the standard spokes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk