Mavic Crossmax ST STUFFED!! :( :(

Petercass

Likes Dirt
hey stuffed my Mavic Crossmax ST rear rim today and need options!

they use larger spokes so if i dont get another rim that is compatible with these spokes then i cant make use of the crossmax hub and would have to purchace a new one :(

what are my options? bang for buck

spongebob

Likes Dirt
Other problem is the weird spoke count - 24. Only option is another ST rim & presumably new spokes/nipples. Unfortunately higher end Mavic wheelsets are totally proprietary & no components are interchangeable with 'standard' bits. Get LBS to contact importer. It will be spectacularly expensive, probably more than buying a whole new one, & if you are lucky only take weeks to turn up [ rather than being completely unavailable]. Start trawling internet/OS businesses/ebay etc. Welcome to Mavic - have a nice day.

Petercass

Likes Dirt
are these wheels so amazing that its worth spending that much money or am i better off just getting a wheel built in a diff brand ???

Petercass

Likes Dirt
anyone got any thoughts as to what i should buy ? ? Freeride and as all the bits on the busted rim are not compatible with anything else ill have to get whole rear wheelset

spongebob

Likes Dirt
Hey Peter - given up on getting the wheel fixed? worked out the cost?

New wheel- budget/bike/your size/type of riding/do you specifically want UST/what size tyres you run ?