Mavic Crossline free hub body, repair or replace?

coarselanguagw

Likes Dirt
I have a Mavic Crossline rear wheel from 2009 Giant Reign X1.
The wheel has a Mavic Crossline hub.

I have stripped the threads on the Freehub lockring and apparently now need a new free hub body.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

The only place I have seen a free hub body for sale was Amazon and at ~$93 + shipping it seems that I will be learning an expensive lesson about not being a fuckwit. I really I would just like to grab a new freehub body (even second hand) but they are just not available.

Can anyone suggest an alternative solution? Or at this stage am I better getting a new wheel? The CRC page for the wheels states that the rear axle is 135mm x 9mm.

Would something like this Mavic wheel from pushys be suitable? Or is 10 x 135 no good.

funkymonkey

Likes Dirt
Hi there.

I might be able to help. I have just destroyed my mavic crossline hub. So now I have a working crossline freehub sitting around.

Yours for cost of postage... Ridges are a bit worn as yours are in the pic but work fine...

Last edited:

funkymonkey

Likes Dirt
It is the freehub isn't it?

I buggered my hub, so the cog inside the hub that the pawls engage on spins freely.

The actual freehub - same as you have pictured is working fine.

Last edited:

coarselanguagw

Likes Dirt
It is the freehub isn't it?

I buggered my hub, so the cog inside the hub that the pawls engage on spins freely.

The actual freehub - same as you have pictured is working fine.
Sorry about your hub. But yes, it's my freehub (pictured) that's buggered. I you have one that would be great. PM'd.