Marzocchi Dirt Jumper 4 forks

russell1600

Likes Bikes
Can anyone tell me where I can down load a service manual for Marzocchi DJ4's ? I can't seem to find info anywhere for them. I am getting bad top out and want to know if/how rebound is adjustable.
Cheers,
Russ

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Top out is usually associated to rebound. If you cant find anything, using a heavier weight oil should do the trick. (Stock is 7.5wt so try a 10wt?)

Are you checking the OEM products? Marzocchi do not release product specific catalogues so as long as you get the right year, you should be covered.

russell1600

Likes Bikes
Thanks AngoXC had a look at OEM section of the Marzocchi site and found the owners manual which has some useful information. Although it doesn't go into the stripping down and rebuilding of them, oil volumes etc..I would like to try a thicker oil as you suggested, looks like this is the only way to slow down rebound on these forks.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Are you using the air preload chambers? Try not using them at all and combining that with the heavier weight oil.

Oil levels are under the tech section from memory. If the DJ4 isnt there, try the DJ3's heights as I suspect they would be very similar (for both are similar internally...?) If your not getting full travel, you probably have too much oil in there and if your bottoming out, you need a little more in there.

Good luck!

Last edited:

veldmandaniel

Likes Bikes
as far as i know there is no air chambers.

there only adjustable from what i've been told.

correct me if i am wrong??

and it would be nice to find the manual..

russell1600

Likes Bikes
Thanks Chuckerkid, but that is the same manual I found. I doesn't have the oil volumes for Dirt Jumper 4 forks. Might be similar volumes to other DJ's as suggested by AngoXC.

Reece.

Likes Dirt
bad news mate
i had a pair of dj4's and you cant adjust the rebound
that was why i got rid of em

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
bad news mate
i had a pair of dj4's and you cant adjust the rebound
that was why i got rid of em
Uh no. Rebound can be adjusted by using different oil viscosity even when no adjuster is present. (ie. a heavier 'weight' oil will produce a slower extending fork while lighter weight oil will produce a faster rebound. Stock weight is 7.5wt.

That is provided the DJ4 is a hydraulically dampened fork and not a coil/mcu set up.