marzocchi 888 foot nut problem

jazza_wil

Likes Dirt
hey everyone
im trying to fix a leaking foot nut on my 2010 888rc3 ti fork. iv hit a snag tho, the foot nut on the compression side just keeps spinning around and not loosening off. any ideas????
thanks

scuba05

Likes Dirt
hey everyone
im trying to fix a leaking foot nut on my 2010 888rc3 ti fork. iv hit a snag tho, the foot nut on the compression side just keeps spinning around and not loosening off. any ideas????
thanks
If they are anything like my 2009 888rcv, I had to have the top caps installed and a few psi in the fork legs to put some pressure and keep the fork fully extended. This puts enough vertical force on the nut to make it grab on the thread, and it should be able to come off.

After a few rebuilds of those forks, the foot nut seals just completely went (not sure if I torqued them wrong), so be careful when reinstalling it

herbman

Likes Dirt
On my 55s i find if i pull the spring out and compress the fork i can spin them off and on, i have been told that some people us air rattle guns on them to do them up and undo them.

on my 55s there is a o ring that goes under the foot nut. i would replace each time i think as mine seems to be leaking.....

Shredden

Knows his goats
Dont hurt me for saying this - but have you thought about cutting a little slot in the bottom of the cartridge to put a screwdriver in?

I know that fox says its okay, cant see any problem with marzocchi...

jazza_wil

Likes Dirt
Dont hurt me for saying this - but have you thought about cutting a little slot in the bottom of the cartridge to put a screwdriver in?

I know that fox says its okay, cant see any problem with marzocchi...
Can't happen in this case, there is and adjuster that goes through the center of the foot bolt