Marzocchi 380 c2r2 titanium forks

shadow knight

Likes Dirt
Hi there I have recently purchased some marzocchi 380 c2r2 titanium forks but can seem to find any base tunes anywhere.
Was wondering if anyone is running them and what settings they are running ?
Also to change the spring is it as easy as undoing the big nut under the spring preload adjuster and swapping them over ?
Does anyone know where to purchase marzocchi titanium spring in the different rates ?
Also has anyone had any issues withe there adjusters being jammed ?
Have read a few ppl have had issues with to much thread lock being applied from factory and wanted to know how ppl have rectified the problem with out sending them back since I bought them from chain reaction.
All my adjusters are fine besides my high speed rebound.
Sorry for the thousand questions and thanks in advance.
Cheers
Dan

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Dan, ill give the best answers I can. Ive been running them for just over a year and love them:

Hi there I have recently purchased some marzocchi 380 c2r2 titanium forks but can seem to find any base tunes anywhere.
Was wondering if anyone is running them and what settings they are running ? Not sure sorry, 20% sag...middle rebound? It takes me six weeks to set them up, and ive barely touched them since but i havent written settings down sorry

Also to change the spring is it as easy as undoing the big nut under the spring preload adjuster and swapping them over ?
correct, when you do it cover the new spring with some grease to keep it nice and quiet

Does anyone know where to purchase marzocchi titanium spring in the different rates ?
My fork came with the firmer spring in the box. Try NSDynamics, I think they might stock some, otherwise get them from OS. The stock springs covers a big range though, and if you got the second spring id be surprised if you needed another one? FWIW Im 193cm tall, DH racer, ride relatively hard and like a firm set up and im on the firmer spring with almost no preload

nope

Have read a few ppl have had issues with to much thread lock being applied from factory and wanted to know how ppl have rectified the problem with out sending them back since I bought them from chain reaction.
sorry didnt have this problem, i bought mine in aus from a shop

pm me if you have any more specific questions and ill help as much as i can. Ive pulled it apart twice now so have had a bit of a look inside. Such a good fork, i love how it performs - enjoy it

shadow knight

Likes Dirt
Hey Dan, ill give the best answers I can. Ive been running them for just over a year and love them:

Was wondering if anyone is running them and what settings they are running ? Not sure sorry, 20% sag...middle rebound? It takes me six weeks to set them up, and ive barely touched them since but i havent written settings down sorry

correct, when you do it cover the new spring with some grease to keep it nice and quiet

My fork came with the firmer spring in the box. Try NSDynamics, I think they might stock some, otherwise get them from OS. The stock springs covers a big range though, and if you got the second spring id be surprised if you needed another one? FWIW Im 193cm tall, DH racer, ride relatively hard and like a firm set up and im on the firmer spring with almost no preload

nope

sorry didnt have this problem, i bought mine in aus from a shop

pm me if you have any more specific questions and ill help as much as i can. Ive pulled it apart twice now so have had a bit of a look inside. Such a good fork, i love how it performs - enjoy it
Cheers mate for your reply.
Yeah I swapped the spring out with the firm one that came in the box I weigh 110kg and am running 15 clicks of preload.
I read somewhere that you shouldn't run more than 10clicks preload so I might chase up the next spring ( extra firm).
I noticed the fork to make a bit of noise I might try and put more grease on the spring since I pretty much just wiped all the grease off the original spring and put it onto the other.
Any grease should do ?
Have you ever noticed your fork to top out at all ?
I set all my rebound and compression to middle settings which did make the fork feel better but only got 5 runs in on it and won't be able to ride again till early next yr.
The topping out shitted me most and also how much do you weigh running the firm spring ?
With 15 clicks of preload I was running 30% sag bang on.
Thanks once again

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I weigh 90kgs, not sure how much preload im running but its not much. 20% sag. Very rarely bottom out, most runs use about 160mm travel but it has a nice ramp - not too much ramp and not too linear. Not sure about the ten click thing - was it a reliable source?

Id use high performance suspension grease - I use Slickoleum as its great value. Maybe any would work, not sure?

Sometimes if the fork has sat still for a while itll top out the first few cycles of the day when i get on the bike. If I ride it weekly it doesnt seem to happen at all. This is the same whether I store it upside down or right way up. Its just the oil getting into the circuit. Cycle it a few times and it should disappear.