Manly Dam Sunday Weekly

CP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Enjoy tonight. I had a groin-grabbingly good ride at lunch. It's part of my job seeking campaign, didn't see any in there though....

CP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nah just the normal lap. I was surprised how dry it was considering the rain.

Moar

Banned
I think CP and I organised it for 12:30 tomorrow?

Anyone welcome... :)

Look for the lanky kid on the ridiculously slow STP. :)

Jubas

Likes Dirt
Just received this email:

The mountain bike trail has been reopened. We were extremely disappointed with the level of non-compliance with the mountain bike trail closure. This was a particular problem on Sunday, with Rangers having to speak to over 50 riders on the trail. This was despite 17 trail closure signs along the trail, physical closure of the trail with a slip-rail gate, over a thousand emails alerts being sent, notifications of trail closure on local mountain bike clubs webpages and notifications on Council’s Manly Dam webpage. The Manly Dam mountain bike trail is only closed when riding will result in significant damage to the trail surface, and trail closures are kept to a minimum. The growing level on non-compliance with trail closures is unacceptable and we need some impetus from the mountain bike community to turn this attitude around.

Thank you to those who kept off the track during this wet period.
Rather annoyed that there were so many transgressions.. seriously, wtf?

justinb

Likes Bikes
Just received this email:

Rather annoyed that there were so many transgressions.. seriously, wtf?
I got the same email too... not surprising when you consider a large number of society these days are all about themselves and don't give a toss about their actions affecting others

BT180

Max Pfaff
That's highly disappointing. I live 5 mins away, yet I went out to Yellowmundee because the Dam was closed.

I think the problem is people who don't live nearby that have travelled a distance to get to the Dam. They see it's closed, but don't care because of the time taken to get there.

Locals wouldn't ride it when it's closed or wet (I hope).