Manitou + XT brakes??

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
When I asked Phantom Cycles for a quote on 8" Shimano XT rotors, they asked me what fork i have..."Why??" i asked.
"There is a 7 inch rotor for Manitou and the normal 8 inch" came the reply.

Could someone confirm this and explain what the reason for it is :?:

Im putting the brake on a Dorado DH and thought it would be a bit wacky with a 7" front rotor and 8" rear. If this is the case shouldnt i just be able to machine up a new adaptor (this is where someone like Bike Addiction comes in :) ) to fit the 8inch on my manitou ??

S.

ex offender
Ask for the "Normal 8 inch". The 7" is for Manitou singlecrowns, because they have a post-mount thingy (not international standard mounts). The 8" one comes for a "Boxxer mount" which I believe the Dorado has (well the X-vert Carbon did, at least - I presume the Dorado will too).

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
Cheers Socket, thanx for the info. I think I might just run my bike with no brakes (or just a rear) for a bit....ive just spent about $3400 on it...and will have to leave the 8" rotors for the moment.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As socket said, the dorados use the same mount as the boxxers. You and i are some of the lucky ones that can actually run xt brakes on the front. :)