M8000 brake "pumping up" on DH

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shimano AU will warranty (warrant?) parts bought overseas. You just need to call them first and let them know it's coming.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've had 4 goes now at getting mine to bleed up and hold the bleed, and each time they just return to their usual lacklustre performance and spongy feels..

So it's a known issue with them and shimamo are warranting them? If so I'll send mine back!

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Shimano is happy fpr me to send in... just need to include a copy of receipt from CRC.

I'm more wondering if anyone else has had the problem and how Shimano Aus has responded.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
I started this exact thread on here about a month ago. Only the rear brake does it on mine and I'm still persisting with it. I'll be taking it up with LBS.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The king is dead - long live the king? Maybe i'll have to go to SRAM Levels for my next brakes....

mcoccia

Likes Dirt
I've had the same problems with one of my two XTR M9020 brakes purchased from one on the online aussie suppliers. When it started happening I ordered a replacement which has proven to be fine. There has been talk of a revised caliper and I'm not sure if it means anything but my two good brakes both have a white piston whereas the dodgy one has a black piston.

teK--

Eats Squid
The m8000 which came stock in my bike (but which I have moved onto another bike) does this on the front only I will try a bleed to see if it makes any difference.

The m820 saint which i have had for close to 2 years does not have this issue after a good bleed.

jarrod839

Banned
They're not giving any feedback whatsoever via phone or Facebook to acknowledge that they are aware of the issue
shimano like to keep quiet when there crappy gear shits itself and all the best dealing with them with warrantys. I had zees that had the faulty seal issues few years ago and shimano refused to warranty them on a 6 month old bike even sending them all the info.
Lucky my lbs stepped in and upgraded me to avid codes for free.
I would return to crc and buy hopes or margura.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
shimano like to keep quiet when there crappy gear shits itself and all the best dealing with them with warrantys. I had zees that had the faulty seal issues few years ago and shimano refused to warranty them on a 6 month old bike even sending them all the info.
Hmm surprising. I hadn't got much indication the warranty would be an issue.

I was more hoping (knowing it wouldn't happen) that Shimano would just say they know about issue and happy to help

mxh

Likes Dirt
I had the opposite experience with Shimano. My XT brakes (not sure of the exact model number) that came as OEM on my Trance were squealing and after several cleans I worked out that the calipers were leaking fluid. They were just a few days under the 2 year old mark when I e-mailed Shimano about it (they have a 2 year warranty) - I sent them off to Shimano as they requested, and I got a new set, complete with new pads, sent back a few days later.

Can't hurt to e-mail them and see what they say.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
We've had a couple of guys with the M8000 XT brakes with the pumping issues. The bikes were sent back to the LBS and the brakes had to be warrantied. One guy went Zee's as his second set of XT's still had issues. Another went Avids.

I also spoke with a few guys at the first XC round that had issues with their M8000 XT brakes. It varied between multiple bleeds or warranty jobs to resolve the issue.

Having said all of that, I know a lot of guys with the M8000 XTs that had no issue.