Lysterfield Trail Building

teK--

Eats Squid
I'm pretty peeved about my 2 favorite trails at Lystie being downgraded, but there's a time and place to bring up this shit.

OT

Likes Dirt
Flattening the remaining jumps ???
What jumps? Any legal jumps on the trails these guys put there in the first place, I'm sure they don't get pleasure from seeing the jumps on aneurism flattened. The best way to make it seem more technical/fun is to ride a bike that suits the trails, a light weight xc bike. There seems to be a lot of 6 inch travel am bikes getting about at lysterfield and that's fine if that's all you've got but don't complain about the trails being to easy when you're riding something that's capable of going down a dh track. Follow Me must feel like a rail trail on a dh bike!

Lard

Likes Dirt
Hey lard, shouldn't of responded that way. Sorry about that
Apology accepted.

I just get pissed when keyboard warriors have a go at hard working club members who volunteer their free time to try to make Lysterfield a better riding experience for everyone. We didn't like seeing the table tops and jumps on Aneurism leveled. Club members had spent 100's of hours on that track any many are cheesed off about it, it wasn't our choice, but we have to work together with Parks Victoria to make Lysty a fun and safe riding destination for everyone and accept their decisions. Lysty may never be a DH's dream like the Youies, but it can still be a damn good place to go for a ride.

serge0007

Likes Dirt
Apology accepted.

I just get pissed when keyboard warriors have a go at hard working club members who volunteer their free time to try to make Lysterfield a better riding experience for everyone. We didn't like seeing the table tops and jumps on Aneurism leveled. Club members had spent 100's of hours on that track any many are cheesed off about it, it wasn't our choice, but we have to work together with Parks Victoria to make Lysty a fun and safe riding destination for everyone and accept their decisions. Lysty may never be a DH's dream like the Youies, but it can still be a damn good place to go for a ride.

Appreciate the effort of all club members and volunteers. It's still fresh I guess, I only went back to lysterfield Thursday and was disappointed with follow me and aneurism.

In the east we ahave very little to improve your skills as a rider

Olly76

Likes Dirt
I do understand peoples frustrations. Firstly for the trail feature removal on Anuerism and secondly Lards frustration with comments on the forum.

Firstly we have plans that we will be submitting to PV for a re-build of the features removed. We want to bring this trail back to what it was. BUT this is not the area for big jumps....a couple of spinal injuries is the proof of this.
Yes the response I can already hear " it is an advanced trail etc etc etc" let me answer first.
This trail is on the main fire road around the park. This trail is one of the first trails families find when they ride the park and venture further into the park.
So we will re-build this for all riders in mind, 3 dimentional fun for all but lower risk for less experienced riders.
And yes we will and want to build a jump trail through the park. This will take some time.
And NO it will not be a You Yangs.

Secondly it is hard to stomach " but we are a hard Bunch :painkiller:" for people voicing their opinion behind a key board. Come out give us a hand and guess what you can put your hard work and opinions to use. Lard is a club members and past committe member and puts in most trail build days.

One thing I can guarantee is that it is alot harder to build a sweet trail than you think.
We have been at it now for 4 years and only slowly are we getting better at getting it right. With alot of improvement still to be made.

We also now have a Mini Bobcat to utilise on most build days and this is making a big difference on how we will build. Machinery is the key and $$.
If you cant make it please join our great club and or donate some $$ to help us build better trails.

lysterfieldmtb.com is were you can join up.

Cheers Olly ( LDTR President)

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
The park doesn't need new trails just maintenance and drainage.

Features being removed to pander to nuffys just reinforces this fact.

Appreciate your time and effort though guys

teK--

Eats Squid
thanks olly, for the trailbuilds I cannot make it to I am more than happy to continue donating money. is the tip jar at trailmix the most effective way of getting it to you guys?

redbruce

Eats Squid
Flattening the remaining jumps ???
If you were there helping you'd know the answer.

EDIT: Oops missed the last two pages of response.

Maybe there is something wrong with me but for what its worth I always enjoy riding XC at Lysty, as I do YY, YT, Buxton, Beaconsfield, etc.

Last edited:

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
Maybe there is something wrong with me but for what its worth I always enjoy riding XC at Lysty, as I do YY, YT, Buxton, Beaconsfield, etc.
Nope, you're quite normal, and given the popularity of the place many others agree. Living locally I spend a few hours every week there and enjoy every moment.

Thanks as always to the LDTR crew for your time and energy. Despite the building/maintaining hiatus, the trails held up superbly this winter. Nice work.

Olly76

Likes Dirt
thanks olly, for the trailbuilds I cannot make it to I am more than happy to continue donating money. is the tip jar at trailmix the most effective way of getting it to you guys?
Hi Tek,

There is a couple of ways that you can donate to the club.

Easiest way is to become a social LDTR member which comes at a minimal cost of $30. This money goes directly to the club which is used to run the club and hiring of machinery etc.

http://lysterfieldmtb.com/membership/#LDTRONLY

Another option is to donate directly to the club.( I will get some details on how this can be done to you shortly.)

And of course all money that gets collected at Trailmix does come back to the club as well.

Thanks to all as well for the positive comments about the trails, its good for the volunteers to hear some good feedback.

Old C

Likes Bikes
I shall also through my support behind the guys and girls that maintain one of the busiest MTB parks in Aus, given the small amount of track closure this winter versus last, I think that the work being completed is heading in the right direction.

Have a look at the hassles Chase the Sun had with PV, and you can appreciate the effort that LDTR deliver to make the park a great place to ride.

Alas I can only contribute with my cash as a LDTR member.

TM2

Likes Bikes
Have a look at the hassles Chase the Sun had with PV, and you can appreciate the effort that LDTR deliver to make the park a great place to ride.

Bit of a hijak here..... I'm not familiar with the history behind this statement, care to elaborate? Will there be any MTB events at the park over summer?