Lysterfeild dirt jumps proposed designs?

ozmanick

Likes Dirt
Here i have some designs for the proposed lysterfield dirt jumps. If you have any ideas on what they should build there pump track or jumps, if you have any comments on my designs, if you want to post your designs that would be awesome and if anyone wants to use my design for their own track or whatever that's fine too.
Dirt jumps, please no negative comments, if you can tell me things to improve them go for it, the angles might not be right same with the gaps but oh well.

Pump track

ozmanick

Likes Dirt
i like table tops more and more people would like to do em but you look better if you do a gap and they look better too

---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
First of all, take Trav's advice! He's been doing this for a long time. Have you been to the You Yangs? You have him to thank for the tracks there. Just because the jumps look cool doesn't mean that Parks Victoria is going to let you build them that way.

Where are you at with Parks Victoria? Is this just an initial proposal or do you have approval?
A few of us have been working with Melbourne city council to try and get a pump track and some jumps built and this is what we've come across recently:

- The most important thing to know is what space do you have to build the track in? It's very helpful to know the dimensions of the area you want to build before you start drawing up a design. Also make sure you know where the trees are.
- Put lots of corners in the pump track if possible and have lefts and rights with one or two rollers in between. It makes it more fun and helps to stop you from getting dizzy. Keep at least one long straight though.
- Make sure you specify the radius and height of the berms. We've gone with 2m plus for the radius and 1m high because keeping them tight (not too tight) allows you to accelerate through the berms.
- You need to specify the height and length of the rollers to make sure they fit into the alotted space.
- Try to keep the tracks going in the one direction and not have them cross over. Is that track meant to be a loop?
- Can you put a direction on the jumps too. I assume it's running from the top down in which case a 2m high is a big jump and I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't get past Parks Vic. The 1m landing would also be too low.
- Don't forget to specify the width of the jumps.
- Putting a berm straight after a jump into another jump with a 3-4m gap isn't going to work unless it's on a downhill or there's a big distance to gather speed before the jump.

That's a start. Perhaps draw up a mk2 and post that up.

Oh, and use your computer to rotate the pics before you upload them. Windows picture viewer will do it for you.

ozmanick

Likes Dirt
there's been a senior member that has told me he has gotten permission, the dirt, the land and all they need is helpers, and designers. I'll take your help and try and make them better. I have no idea what parks victoria is like so yeah :/

dl79

Likes Dirt
First of all, take Trav's advice! He's been doing this for a long time. Have you been to the You Yangs? You have him to thank for the tracks there. Just because the jumps look cool doesn't mean that Parks Victoria is going to let you build them that way.

Where are you at with Parks Victoria? Is this just an initial proposal or do you have approval?
A few of us have been working with Melbourne city council to try and get a pump track and some jumps built and this is what we've come across recently:

- The most important thing to know is what space do you have to build the track in? It's very helpful to know the dimensions of the area you want to build before you start drawing up a design. Also make sure you know where the trees are.
- Put lots of corners in the pump track if possible and have lefts and rights with one or two rollers in between. It makes it more fun and helps to stop you from getting dizzy. Keep at least one long straight though.
- Make sure you specify the radius and height of the berms. We've gone with 2m plus for the radius and 1m high because keeping them tight (not too tight) allows you to accelerate through the berms.
- You need to specify the height and length of the rollers to make sure they fit into the alotted space.
- Try to keep the tracks going in the one direction and not have them cross over. Is that track meant to be a loop?
- Can you put a direction on the jumps too. I assume it's running from the top down in which case a 2m high is a big jump and I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't get past Parks Vic. The 1m landing would also be too low.
- Don't forget to specify the width of the jumps.
- Putting a berm straight after a jump into another jump with a 3-4m gap isn't going to work unless it's on a downhill or there's a big distance to gather speed before the jump.

That's a start. Perhaps draw up a mk2 and post that up.

Oh, and use your computer to rotate the pics before you upload them. Windows picture viewer will do it for you.
Spot on..

A good set of jumps that link together and have good flow is hard to produce. Best of luck with the project.

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
You have to understand that a facility like this has to be rideable for even the newest newbie so there is no way 2m high jumps are going to get through 1st time.

Once they have built a nice track that everyone can use then they will build your bigger stuff.

Imagine is some 13 year old turns up and kills himself on some 'fully sik' jumps because thats all there was to do.

'he saw some jumps and decided to have a go, its not his fault that they were built too big, where else was he supposed to go?'

at least if there is easy stuff there, the person has to make a choice and thereby absolve parks vic of alot of the blame......

'well he has never ridden before but the fool decided to try the biggest jumps first - its his own fault, why didnt he follow the signs PV put up saying try the small jumps first....its not PV's fault at all'

See what i mean?:rolleyes:

Anyway pump track is underway and being built this week. have a look if you are down that way.

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
Ladies and Gents a few pics of the new pump track being built at Lysterfield for your perusal

*please note that anybody found riding the track before it is complete will have their bike confiscated and sold to pay for a mini digger for the club :p

Attachments

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Behind the dam wall.

Keep going straight ahead at the dam wall entrance, you will see bollards and a fire road going down, follow this road and trail markers and it will lead you to the new skills area. Wont be open for a couple of weeks yet though.

Couple of nice berms before and after the skills area, as you go under the dam wall and heading back up the fire road you will pass a trail entrance. Follow this which will then lead to the main trails.

Cheers Olly

alpasue

Likes Bikes
washed out ?

how does it look after all that rain, my mate lives in lysterfield and his estate got flooded pretty bad .

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
well its still there but i wont be down to check it out for a couple of weeks. I think they are reopening the park at easter and we are spending acouple of days over the easter long weekend fixing things up so we will check them out then i guess. There is still alot of damage to the park tracks so we are all still barred from the park.:(