Lust

gixer7

Likes Dirt
what's up with those white tyres on the Scale? Looks freaky.

The Spark is very nice though. The new DT Swiss forks look much sexier than before.

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
The Spark is very nice. I just sold mine! :p
It was honestly a 'do everything' type of bike. It weighed 9.3kgs yet had 110mm of travel. Madness.
The DT forks were ok, but very flexy. They were also a bit sticky too. They looked great, but one light 'lay-down' of the bike in a corner (damn maxxis tyres) and the carbon legs were scratched.

Its very interesting to see that they seem to have ditched the integrated seatmast design (also noticed that the Columbia Scott road frames in the TdF are not integrated either) - it must be due to how much of a pain in the ar$e it is to fit them in a bike box/bag for travel.
I had a large, and needed to take the chainset off every trip, and even then needed a huge (actually the biggest, and consequently heaviest) bike box.

The Spark was the nicest XC bike I have ridden, by a mile.

Bodin

GMBC
Sexy bikes and no doubt they'd be seriously light, but what's with Scott running large-for-XC front rotors on their XC bikes? I'm 80kg and rough as guts on the bike, but I've never felt the need to go beyond 160mm.

craign

Likes Dirt
Sexy bikes and no doubt they'd be seriously light, but what's with Scott running large-for-XC front rotors on their XC bikes? I'm 80kg and rough as guts on the bike, but I've never felt the need to go beyond 160mm.
Might just look big because they are running a smaller rotor on the back?

Knopey

Likes Dirt
The specs do say they run 180mm on the front, as opposed to the Anthem for example which runs 6" (150mm) front.
Maybe it's marketing, as in it sounds better? Maybe they think it's more aesthetically pleasing as well...?

skinnybeans

Likes Dirt
This is what I'm currently saving for! Mach 429

I think I would break one of those scotts! At 95kg and not all that smooth (my talon sure gets a beating on some of those drops at you yangs!) I'd probably give it a month tops :p Looks pretty sweet with the white tyres.

The only hard decision would be choosing the red or silver...nah who am I kidding I'd go the red.

BT180

Max Pfaff
^^ Nice.

My mate just placed a deposit for a Mach 5. Nice bike – I had a bit of a squiz out on the trails when he had one for a demo.