Lunch cutting on sales.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
I hate people flipping items for profit on here, I also get annoyed with dreamers who always ask more than the item is worth just in case someone is dumb enough to pay it then slowly reduce the price - don't even look at those older sales anymore.

Seller however should get to choose who to sell to. The person who is the least hassle, might be local, might offer more and be local. I just sold something without advertising it, and someone was keen, then offered me 40% less than I asked - I then face booked it, and it sold in 5 minutes to a friend for the reasonable asking price. Life's too short to be dealing with people who want a discount off a bargain.

moorey

call me Mia
I hate people flipping items for profit on here, I also get annoyed with dreamers who always ask more than the item is worth just in case someone is dumb enough to pay it then slowly reduce the price - don't even look at those older sales anymore.

Seller however should get to choose who to sell to. The person who is the least hassle, might be local, might offer more and be local. I just sold something without advertising it, and someone was keen, then offered me 40% less than I asked - I then face booked it, and it sold in 5 minutes to a friend for the reasonable asking price. Life's too short to be dealing with people who want a discount off a bargain.
Agreed, PB, it's not about that though. I've personally never knocked anyone back for being an arse hat, but I absolutely respect people's right to sell to who they want to or go for the easiest sale.

But, if notorious profiteers jump the queue via pm, after numerous other parties publicly already offered to take an item without haggling, and then said queue jumper looked to immediately sell to another unsuspecting party via pm for around double...well that just low, and they should have trader access removed*

obviously, this is entirely hypothetical. No one on here, particularly long term members, no matter how much of a chunt, would ever do this....surely...

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Agreed, PB, it's not about that though. I've personally never knocked anyone back for being an arse hat, but I absolutely respect people's right to sell to who they want to or go for the easiest sale.

But, if notorious profiteers jump the queue via pm, after numerous other parties publicly already offered to take an item without haggling, and then said queue jumper looked to immediately sell to another unsuspecting party via pm for around double...well that just low, and they should have trader access removed*

obviously, this is entirely hypothetical. No one on here, particularly long term members, no matter how much of a chunt, would ever do this....surely...
Really? Yep, I'd remove trading access - this isn't fucking ebay. Even if there aren't specific rules, it comes under "equity" .

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I reckon first post in the thread or PM (whichever is first) BUT a local pickup always trumps a posting offer so long as the seller hasn't already said that the remote guy can have it.

Seriously Moorey, as if anyone ever beats you to the first post in a thread. You've gotta lighten up about these for sale threads, you seem to have developed a bit of a complex about being screwed over .... But really you are saving money by not buying it !

PS the carbon Eastons would be shit and crack then you'd have to complain about them.

moorey

call me Mia
I reckon first post in the thread or PM (whichever is first) BUT a local pickup always trumps a posting offer so long as the seller hasn't already said that the remote guy can have it.

Seriously Moorey, as if anyone ever beats you to the first post in a thread. You've gotta lighten up about these for sale threads, you seem to have developed a bit of a complex about being screwed over .... But really you are saving money by not buying it !

PS the carbon Eastons would be shit and crack then you'd have to complain about them.
You missed the numerous times I said its a thread I wasn't buying anything from cunny. Theres a backstory, if you don't know it, you don't need to maybe. :thumb:
Im well aware of plenty of problems with the haven carbons, but I've got spare hoops, so thought it worth considering for a bike ill only occasionally use. Too much changeover wanted, it turns out, so I'm pleased the decision was made for me.
oh, and eat a bag'o.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

He has to find some way to use all that data on his phone plan.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Nailed it. She does. Soft and slippery as butter. 30 second job at most. I generally pretend I've got arse cramps, but that doesn't hold water.
You need one new riding buddy...big macho man lover. Then she might just think you have a new hobby and leave you alone.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
My thoughts on this are pretty clear and yeah, I agree that if you intend an interest in the item then yep, you should put a post in that thread. In a perfect world, the seller would check their sale threads and PM's each day and act on it promptly and honestly.
In the end, money talks and respectability won't apply with some people. I'd love to say we can enforce some sort of protocol with who gets the goods but we can't and it's entirely up to the trader to sell the goods their way. There's a lot of variables that can make a sale circumstance vary but my only advice is to not part ways with any cash until the saller says that you are the confirmed buyer.