[Lost] Vic - Plenty Gorge 20mm Maxell front hub skewer

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Lost: 20mm Maxell front hub skewer for a Rock Shox Pike (07 model)
Where: Plenty Gorge, Greensborough side. Most likely around Karla's Kitchen or the new berm/jumps section.

PM me here.

Cheers

Hux

Last edited:
Heading out for a morning rip so will keep an eye out for it. Had the same thing happen on a set of Lyriks when I was hammering down Delatite- heard the ping of the QR skewer winding out & ricocheting off my frame. Immediately looked down to see the rest of the axle rapidly unwinding too. Needed a change of undies after that. Sourced the improved 20mm maxle that released on the later models from TBSM.
Keep you posted if I have any luck.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Heading out for a morning rip so will keep an eye out for it. Had the same thing happen on a set of Lyriks when I was hammering down Delatite- heard the ping of the QR skewer winding out & ricocheting off my frame. Immediately looked down to see the rest of the axle rapidly unwinding too. Needed a change of undies after that. Sourced the improved 20mm maxle that released on the later models from TBSM.
Keep you posted if I have any luck.
Cheers Shake!

No luck coming across your MIA skewer today, Hux. Sorry bloke.
As mentioned, if it comes down to it & you have to order a replacement then TBSM were carrying stocks of the improved/later 20mm axle. It arrived within 48hrs & was circa $50 with shipping.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
No luck coming across your MIA skewer today, Hux. Sorry bloke.
As mentioned, if it comes down to it & you have to order a replacement then TBSM were carrying stocks of the improved/later 20mm axle. It arrived within 48hrs & was circa $50 with shipping.
A big cheers for looking!
I checked out their site last night after reading your post. They're around $69 now. That's of course if I am looking at the right ones. lol
I have industry peeps looking out for me, hopefully I'll have one in no time.

P.S. I hope you still had a good ride!

jawry

Likes Dirt
did you mono the whole way home and not notice the front wheel missing??

bad luck, sucks when you misplace bits.

A big cheers for looking!
I checked out their site last night after reading your post. They're around $69 now. That's of course if I am looking at the right ones. lol
I have industry peeps looking out for me, hopefully I'll have one in no time.

P.S. I hope you still had a good ride!

No problem.

Yeah, you were looking at the right one. SO much better than the original 20mm maxles which came on that 05-08 era of RS fork.
http://tbsm.com.au/bike-parts/suspension/fork-axles/rockshox-maxle-lite-20mm-32mm-chassis-15324

Yeah, had a great ride out around the gorge area today- excluding the the bloody cold start it was a banger of a morning to be out chasing trail!