Lost Dog - inner northern suburbs (Brunswick/Coburg)

sukebe

Likes Dirt
My dog ran away yesterday during the storm and it would be great if people could keep an eye out while out on their bikes, particularly along the Merri Creek trail as we often took him for walks along there. He is a Shiba Inu (looks like a small dingo or small orange huski, quite fox-like). Name is Hachi. He is timid with strangers so if you see him please call Nathan on 0415 709 868. He is microchipped so if you were to catch him any vet or the lost dogs home could identify him.

Hachi_4.jpg

No Judge

Likes Dirt
Hey, that sucks. I drive through that area heaps, so I'll keep an eye out. If you haven't already, ring your local council (and surrounding councils) and local vets, just to keep them aware of your dog.

Hope it all works out

sukebe

Likes Dirt
Thanks No Judge. I've contacted Council, lost dogs home, vets. Going to put posters up around the area tomorrow. Our dog is like our child and it is awful not knowing where he is. Part of me would rather know he has been killed than be in this limbo.

JX8P

Likes Dirt
ive some time to kill tomorrow so give me a area and i will have a few sweeps ( i know merri creek but maybe more specific)... best of luck buddy

sukebe

Likes Dirt
Thanks JX8P. If you are riding along Merri Creek, keep your eyes peeled anywhere from Moreland Road down to St Georges Road. Cheers.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Hey Mate, I'm a brunswick local, always out and about in the parks, will keep an eye out for you. Have a few friends who walk dogs on the meeri creek paths, will ask them to keep watch. Best of luck!

sukebe

Likes Dirt
Thanks Pastavore! I got a call today from a woman who spotted him last night in west Preston, near Coburg pool and the old Kodak site. Spent the day riding around and putting up posters but no luck.

JX8P

Likes Dirt
no luck from todays attempt, will give it another crack tomorrow.. good sign that said hound has been seen!

sukebe

Likes Dirt
I realy appreciate you taking the time out JX8P. I'm heading out again now to put up more poster and look around, nothing much else I can do really. I wish I was more 'social media savvy', I imagine Facebook and Twitter etc would be avenues to get the word out, I just don't really know how to go about it......

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Hope you don't mind...

But I have a lot of Facebook friends in Brunswick/Coburg, so I posted your story and the photo on FB. Hope it helps.

JX8P

Likes Dirt
no problem, glad i can try to help.. perhaps try putting a few posters up in a less obvious area? just to try and catch those who might not venture out to local shops..
best of luck

sukebe

Likes Dirt
But I have a lot of Facebook friends in Brunswick/Coburg, so I posted your story and the photo on FB. Hope it helps.
Thanks you so much Pastavore! Legging it around on the bike all day putting up posters is a hard way to get the word out - was out there for 7hrs today. Facebook etc is a much better way to advertise it. Thanks again!

Pastavore

Eats Squid
You'll be please do know it has been reposted twice already.It helps that you have a very photogenic pooch.

sukebe

Likes Dirt
Thanks for keeping an eye on the thread guys. Figured I should fill you in on the 'find'. So he was spotted in Preston on Friday night, then in Maribrynong on Sat morning (15km apart!). Followed a border collie home who was out playing with some kids. Parents came home on Sat to find an unknown dog curled up with their border collie. The kids were playing with a friend who goes to school at a Catholic college in Coburg. The friend saw a poster I put up in front of their school, texted a photo of the poster to their friend's parents who then called me. Crazy luck! Anyway, so stoked my boy is home, gonna head down to Forrest this Saturday and ride the Odyssey course that I missed out on as a result of this. Big thanks again to No Judge, Pastavore and JX8P for helping me out. Would love to see you on the trails to say cheers!