Looking for a new bike suggestion???

Clarky #104

Cannon Fodder
Hi all you Farkers
I am in the market for a cheapish used downhill bike:D
conditions are that it MUST be a dualie and my price range is somewhere around $1100 - $1600
Have any of you Farkers got any suggestions on a nice bike???
Thanks Clarky:)

karl125

Likes Bikes
Hi all you Farkers
I am in the market for a cheapish used downhill bike:D
conditions are that it MUST be a dualie and my price range is somewhere around $1100 - $1600
Have any of you Farkers got any suggestions on a nice bike???
Thanks Clarky:)
suggetion would be to go into the trading area and have a look for yourself.
click on trading area complete bikes n then dh bikes.

Cloaked STP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You have the same price range as I did.

Go into the for sale section and just find one you like and sit on them till you get to a price you both agree on.

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dh comp,atomic,a line,black diamond,stinky,yakuza etc etc etc:D
I'm looking at doing the same thing... my first DH rig but needs to be under 2k.

I'm leaning towards an 05/06 DH Comp, there are a few of them about quite regularly for around the 1600 mark.

Is there anything I should look out for when buying one second hand? and how does the old style suspension compare to the new Maestro setup?

Also, does anyone have one that they'd want to swap for an 06 Giant Reign 1? :D

Cloaked STP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just got my 05 Comp from Emmett for a bit over a grand shipped.

Just got it out of the shops with a new Juicy 5 on the back new chain, new cassette and a stiffer spring.

Along with a brake bleed.

Took it for a quick bash and..... I love it the rear end is so smooth and so fucking stable its fantasic.

I think the only down side to this set up is that it puts alot of stress/wear on the man pivot meaning you have to get the bearings repacked/replaced like I just did.

All in all I am really happy with my Purchase.

And a Pic for you!

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For under 2k though? I do like them, they're a sexy lookin' bike, but I'm pretty sure I can't get one for under 2k.