Looking for a cyclocross bike (my first bike)

pioria

Cannon Fodder
Hi,
My husband (giantyak on the forum) wants me to get something like a norco threshold a3 cyclocross bike so that we can go riding together, but i was looking at the norco 'FBR forma' because it looks cool.
Hopefully i will have no more adventures into nearby bushes and can keep up with hubby on his 'gunnar fast lane'.
Current bike: rusty repco MTB that came with the subway deal a few years ago.
Please keep in mind that I am a beginner when it comes to riding and until a few days ago I had never rode on major roads before. :)
Thanks!

Last edited:

geoff_tewierik

Likes Dirt
The Threshold is more a cyclocross bike (cable disc brakes, drop bars) than the FBR Forma (flat bar road bike).

If you want to stick with Norco, I think you'd be better off with a combo of the two, in an XFR Forma. Lower standover, flat bar, hydro disc brakes.

pioria

Cannon Fodder
XFR Forma is that similar to the vfr forma?

I really liked the look of the vfr forma 3 but hubby said it wouldn't be as good as a cyclocross. I know nothing about bikes but the cyclocross he has seems a bit fancy for what my needs are. I'm just getting into cycling and want something basic and easy to ride that doesn't cost heaps (cos its not like I'll be doing competitive riding or daily marathon rides with it).

Thanks for your advice. Might hit some of the local bike stores this weekend and check the range out.

pioria

Cannon Fodder
Found it! The xfr forma crossover. Has it been released yet or is it coming out in 2014 (later this year)?
Looks like exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. But since I can't find any price or specs on it its hard to say.
Thanks Geoff for making me aware of its existence. :)