Logging In & Unwanted Logging Out

Ghost

Likes Dirt
Scott said:
Gregg said:
Scott said:
hrm... i had better have a look into it then...
You should probably have a look into it no matter how many people are suffering the problem. It is your job.
Its statements like that, that want to make me pull out my boomstick..

Think before you type..
Personally I don't see what was wrong with my comment. It was far nicer than what I was originally going to post. I approached this situation calmly (despite the rage this bloody thing is giving me) and you basically said that it wasn't too high on your priority list because, at the time, I was the only known member with this problem. A few more people raise their hands and you suddenly care. Surely you can see how I feel a little outed?

Scott said:
if it was an issue on our end it would happen to everybody. i almost feel like i'm at work.. (buck passing).
It's statements like that, that turn you off visiting the forums. I felt very dismissed and would appreciate it if you thought a little more before you posted too. Yes you don't get paid for the site, but as the Admin, you do have a responsibility to help members with forum problems out or pass them on to someone who can.

Ty

Eats Squid
considering the amount of money the farkin.net team recives for there efforts running this site, i believe the service scott offers as our coding guys is more than adequate.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gregg remind me how much money you pay to visit this forum? Its a free public service, which recieves far more attention than our other 'free' public services local and state governments supply. Its far easier for you to whinge about a little inconvieniance that for scott to sit and sort through the coding to figure out what little glitch there is.
Notice how other users didn't bother to complain, they just delt with it untill you raised the point. If you are unhappy with the service provided here, and feel that you have to shit pick about peoples attitudes the i wont miss you if you decide to fuck off. :D

Ghost

Likes Dirt
Right, that's a mature way to handle things. :roll:

Firstly, what you call my apparent "shit pick" of attitudes is laughable. Need I remind you that Scott jumped on me first (and rather unfairly I might add).

Secondly, I am well aware that this is something he does in his spare time and I am greatful for that, despite what words you may want to put in my mouth. I do expect to be treated fairly and not pushed to the side though. My biggest problem is that Scott only became concerned with the problem when others said they were suffering from it too. This is not a real great way to adhere yourself to me.

Now, rather than just tell you lot to fuck off, I'm willing to admit that I could've really played down this annoyance (and believe me, having to submit my login info 12 times before the post goes through is an annoyance). I only expect this willingness to go both ways and for Scott to see that he was rather dismissive of my problem (and me in general), which I have brought up in another thread in this forum too.

Being familiar with the phpBB backend myself (I've Administrated several phpBB forums in my time), I could try and suss out this problem if given the access. Knowing that there is no way in hell you guys will grant this to me, I have to post it here.

If you're going to run a community, you need to be willing to accept criticism and put the time in to make changes.

This is a hugely annoying problem for me (and no, the mirror makes no difference) and would greatly like it fixed.

That is all.

Ryan

Radministrator
Gregg, since Scott only
Gregg said:
basically said that it wasn't too high on your priority list because, at the time, I was the only known member with this problem
allow me to make it absolutely clear.

You and your problem are not very high on our priority list, as a matter of fact, you're probably not on Scott's priority list at all.

This problem has occured to other people using the forum before and has, in every case thus far proven to be a problem at the user end, usually with cookie or security settings. If the problem was at our end it would be everyones problem, not just a handful of users.

We do this for free, so our
Gregg said:
responsibility to help members with forum problems out
is approximately nil to begin with, the fact we offer any suggestions to help with user-end problems should be considered a bonus, not greeted with whining about how we don't do enough. We do fuckloads, for free, for you, if that's not enough, do as shmity says and
shmity said:
For your efforts, please accept only the second custom title ever awarded to a non-farkin team member, gentlemen I give you "Whinging Bitch".

Ghost

Likes Dirt
Oh yeah, right, I just assumed that was the set status when you hit some ridiculous number of posts.

ELX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am having problems with staying logged on. I check the lot me on each time I visit box but it doesn't work and I have to log on ebery time I visit.

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
although this has gone OT i would like to say that i have experienced auto logoff recently, probably, as stated due to my end.
just thought i'd let u know

Ghost

Likes Dirt
Simo said:
although this has gone OT i would like to say that i have experienced auto logoff recently
Why has it gone over time? This is a problem a lot of members suffer from. Quite frankly, it's a huge pain in the ass.

Ghost

Likes Dirt
Simo said:
i meant off topic, i was talking about the flaming. no hard feelings
Ahh, off topic. No hard feelings man, I don't care if people want to attack me for making a good point. :wink:

That was one quick reply too.

Will the Admins allow me to make a suggestion?

skillz

Likes Dirt
damnit , the logging off is getting annoyiong
everytime i close the window and get back to farkin i have to log in again

ELX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
skillz said:
damnit , the logging off is getting annoyiong
everytime i close the window and get back to farkin i have to log in again
Go into tools on the top bar. Then go internet options and go to Privercy. Move the slider to low. It worked for me.

Ryan

Radministrator
Sorry, haven't checked this thread in a while, please feel free to make suggestions Gregg and thanks for your suggestion too TJ, how was the ride today mate (muahaha I know who you are!!)