L'officiel Le Tour 2009 Thread!

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
Possible front page in every US paper (and a hell of a lot of international ones)? I think his sponsors and his charities will be loving that even if it's only for a day.

Ironically despite actually being over here in the UK and not being away working, I haven't been able to watch any of le tour live at all.

Bloody weather's been too good this week to be stuck inside in front of the telly! :p
Ok well it wont mean anything to the GC of this years Tour de France.

Sure its made it hard for him, but I doubt its over for him.

All sorts of strange things happen in the tour over the 3 weeks. Who's to say another dog walking across the road won't take out half of the Astana team??
Even then he needs a hit man to take care of Saxo Bank, Cervelo, Rabobank and maybe even Columbia (not the country:rolleyes:).

I agree that if he wants to win the tour he needs a new team. But he should have done that a long time ago, before the team changed its focus from Robbie to Cadel. They were a very successful team when their goal was to help Robbie win the green jersey, then Cadel started getting top 10s and the focus shifted to him, and its all gone to shit now.

Brutality

Banned
I think the highlight for me was the online chat on the sbs live feed :D

and holy dooley Cadel Evans has slipped into 35th after today's stage 2.59min behind the leaders

Last edited:

Bodin

GMBC
The Pest!

Thomas "The Pest" Voeckler finally takes a stage!

The little attention whore jumps in to a breakaway every year, so I had him in my Fantasy League team just in case he finally did something and, in doing so, he's moved me up about 100 places on the ladder. Also had Cavendish, Friere and Hushovd in my team (therefore 4 of the top 10), so I got a LOT of points last night.

Now that Cadel's race is over, the Fantasy League is about the only thing keeping me interested in this year's race. Tommy's had his moment of glory now, though, so I'll be switching him out as soon as the next transfer round begins... soon it'll be time to get rid of the sprinters and chuck the climbers in.

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Little tommy finally cracks it - the french get their 15 mins of fame:D

Bring on the mtns.

Friday will be busy day transferring on SBS Fantasy league.

Menchov may even take wrong turn going up andorras the way he has been going.
Maybe evans,sastre and menchov should fight together against astana one we hit the mtns

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
Ok, in the presnetations at the end of each stage they do the presentations for the various jerseys and the stage winner. They usualy have some women to give the guy some flowers or something like that. But last night they were showing the highlights from the time trial before showing the stage. I think it was Fabian getting the yellow jersey again, and I noticed something, the women on the right was wearing a black shirt, jeans and not very attractive... it was a guy!!! And it looked like Ben Stiller. Did anyone see this? If they were going to have a dude up there rather than some babe, it would have to be a high profile star like Ben stiller, so I reckon it might be.

Ryan

Radministrator
It was Stiller, he was on the OLN coverage that we get here in North America. Apparently he jumped on Lance's bike and promptly derailed the chain, prompting a serious conference amongst the Astana mechanics.

ebuk

Likes Dirt
Eat like a tour rider.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=stein/090701

TEAM COLUMBIA MENU

STAGE 17, TOUR DE FRANCE 2008
Breakfast

• Banana (1)
• Muesli (150 gr)
• Pasta (150 gr -- weight is non-cooked)
• Croissant with chocolate (1)
• Coffee (250 ml)
• Soy milk (300 gr)
• Mixed fruits (200 gr)
• Orange juice (300 ml)

Pre-race

• Pasta (150 gr)
• Water (500 ml)

Race

• PowerBar (4)
• Fruit cake (100 gr)
• PowerBar carbo drink (4000 ml)
• PowerBar energy gels (4)
• Coca-Cola (400 ml)
• Turkey sandwich (2)
• Water (1000 ml)

Post-race

• Recovery drink (500 ml)
• Turkey sandwich (1)
• PowerBar (1)
• Coca-Cola (330 ml)
• Fruit cake (100 gr)
• Water (400 ml)

Dinner

• Mixed vegetables (200 gr)
• Pasta (200 gr)
• Chicken breast (250 gr)
• Sauce (100 gr)
• Plain yogurt (350 gr)
• Mixed fruits (150 gr)
• Water (800 ml)

Pre-sleep

• Gum/sweets (100 gr)
• Chocolate (25 gr)
• Water (500 ml)

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Why did Canceralla not give Stiller the European 3 kiss thing????

I personally would rather kiss the podium girls than stiller. Which other of Lance's mates will make official presentations?? Bet the french are lovn lance more everyday:rolleyes:

bazza

look at me
Thomas "The Pest" Voeckler finally takes a stage!

The little attention whore jumps in to a breakaway every year, so I had him in my Fantasy League team just in case he finally did something and, in doing so, he's moved me up about 100 places on the ladder. Also had Cavendish, Friere and Hushovd in my team (therefore 4 of the top 10), so I got a LOT of points last night.

Now that Cadel's race is over, the Fantasy League is about the only thing keeping me interested in this year's race. Tommy's had his moment of glory now, though, so I'll be switching him out as soon as the next transfer round begins... soon it'll be time to get rid of the sprinters and chuck the climbers in.
ohhh fantasy leauge is pissing me off. the delays shit me. my team missed the first night even though i set it up thursday night.

jackedin

Likes Dirt
ohhh fantasy leauge is pissing me off. the delays shit me. my team missed the first night even though i set it up thursday night.
Yeah I had a go at them for the 9.00 am teamlist close it took me 10 mins to put one change through the other morning. And I am on holidays so if I stay up and watch you are not going to get me at 9.
Also they don't have most of the information up to date before the close.
I think there servers are getting belted with all the update material as well.
But I am sitting third (crow about it now while I am up there) it will not last.

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
all over for rogers. shame :(

what was cadel doing getting involved in the sprint? not like there's time bonuses on offer anymore.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I've gotta say I felt a little bit sorry for my 'compatriot' David Millar. I know he's about as true a Scot as Rod Stewart (hell at least Rod turns up to watch the national football team regularly and never shies away from cladding himself in tartan) but he led throughout the race and gave it his all in that last breakaway and to watch his 1min lead rapidly diminish towards sweet FA in the last 20km made me feel a little bit sorry for him. He looked absolutely f***ed towards the end.