Likes Bikes and Dirt
yellow contador second andy schleck evans third
green cavendish
white roche
polkadot gesink
teams astana
last place the mongrel migo cuesta who took gerrans ride
first druggie already gone dekker idiot
I don't know why everyones backing cav for the green he has never finished a 3 week race, freire or boonen would be more obvious.

Although cav is looking way lighter then last year and he reckons he's stronger so who knows.

Im not going to say who will take yellow cos everytime i do they get second or busted for drugs thanks heaps roid landis.

Bodin

GMBC
Has Kloden got any form this year?

I'm also wondering if there's any chance Menchov might write himself in to the history books and do the Giro/Tour double - he looked so comfortable in the Giro. Didn't even panic when he stacked his TT bike on the final stage...

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I'm also wondering if there's any chance Menchov might write himself in to the history books and do the Giro/Tour double - he looked so comfortable in the Giro. Didn't even panic when he stacked his TT bike on the final stage...
Havent heard a peep from kloden.

As for menchov
if his form was anything like last year id say hes in with a shot, but depends on if his recovery is good.

jackedin

Likes Dirt

That was the slickest change of a bike that I have ever seen. That mechanic was there with the bike ready to go before Menchov had got back up off the ground. And he was following in the car behind him. I still don't know how he did it.I watched the video several times. I hope he got his bonus for that one.

But on these two. The dark horses waiting for that opening to pounce (note to Cadel:- ride with these two)

A interesting scenario could be if Armstrong gets a sniff near the end and him and Contador fighting up the last mountain with a few others following close behind.
Ah I like the smell of blood and gears in the morning

Bodin

GMBC
That was the slickest change of a bike that I have ever seen. That mechanic was there with the bike ready to go before Menchov had got back up off the ground. And he was following in the car behind him. I still don't know how he did it.I watched the video several times. I hope he got his bonus for that one.
I couldn't believe it either - I timed it from the exact moment his arse hit the deck to the time he was back on the bike: under 10 seconds.

The fact that the team car could pull up, mechanic could jump out, get the bike off the roof and get Menchov riding again in under 10 seconds is mind-blowing.

Looking forward to seeing if anything in the TDF can top that for sheer drama.

jackedin

Likes Dirt
The same I sat there and watched the first time and did not believe it. Lucky I did record it and watched it several times just so I could see how fast the guy was. He had the door open and reaching for the bike before Menchov had hit the road. I think even Menchov did a double take when he looked up and the bike was there. But he was good didn't rush him let get back on the bike got going and with the nice assisting push and strolled back to the car.

gaz0303

Squid
Now looking forward to actually seeing the sideline story of Cavendish vs Boonen. Both appear to have strong teams. Columbia were basically invincible in the early stages of the giro. Also think Cavendish has been working for a long time to actually finish this GT. If only McEwan was their for a final challenge before he was well past his peak.

Lemontime

Eats Squid
Thought Lances time would have been a bit faster than what he got? Whatever though, his rear wheel just looked so badass..

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Damn DVD recorder died last night - perfect timing:rolleyes: Need a new one today, and living 40 years behind the rest of Australia means I'll have to wait till tomorrow now if I want to shop around. I guess I better go fix the leak in the roof instead....

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
It's expected to increase the likely success of a breakaway. Without detailed splits and rider information the teams wont be able to organise and time the chase to the perfection that they have been.

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
Maillot jaune (Yellow Jersey): Contador / Sastre
Maillot Vert (Green Jersey): Cavendish / boonen
Maillot à pois rouges (Polkadot Jersey): F.Schleck
Maillot blanc (White Jersey): A.Schleck
Teams Classification (Yellow dossards): astana

thats what i think the final standings will look like.

There was talk about the rule change for team car tv's having to be in the back seat this year[due to some grey nomad being clipped last year] between that and the radio thing you would think that would have some effect on the micro management side of things.

Not a roadie myself, so its hard to understand how they do it, I enjoy watching the climbing anyway.

Im very sad to hear you guys under estimating Cadel...

I reckon hes good for at least 2 cameramen and headbutting a running aussie bogan in thongs:D And if all goes well might even kick a puppy in the face after the teams trial:rolleyes:

norco01

Likes Dirt
Aaaand we have a crash. Watching the Cervelo go ass over tits was funny!

Aaaand Cavendish wins. Hoorah! Must suck for the guy that crashed at the very last corner before the finish.

and watching the slow-mo replay of the final sprint, cavendish's bike looks like its lifting off the road and drifting with downstrokes, all over the shop, crazy!

Last edited:

climbo

Likes Dirt
quick step loses de walle already, Alby should have been there !!!!! They need to institute a bench system in the Tour. If you lose a rider in the first week, you can replace them :)

Last edited: