KWT Maxxis Sunshine Series DH 1 - Now at BLACKSTONE

glorydays

Likes Dirt
ok so its absolutely just dumped the heavens at my plane now only 30 mins from black stone... the question is, will it be called off from blackstone or run in the rain?

madmanmark82

Likes Dirt
ok so its absolutely just dumped the heavens at my plane now only 30 mins from black stone... the question is, will it be called off from blackstone or run in the rain?
Castle hill is 1 massive rock and is full of old mine shafts so it drains very well. I have ridden there in crazy storms with hail and the place rides the same. I dont know about the new track but the other ones are sweet.

glorydays

Likes Dirt
Castle hill is 1 massive rock and is full of old mine shafts so it drains very well. I have ridden there in crazy storms with hail and the place rides the same. I dont know about the new track but the other ones are sweet.
new track is dirt not rock like the old one. gets rather slippery in parts, im not bothered, i have fun riding castle hill just curious as to the organisers view of it..

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mate they're not trying to fuck riders over, get a fucking grip on the situation. Sure its shit for people that they can't get refunds BUT, you did agree to it when you signed up and if you don't like that then maybe read the terms and conditions instead of rushing through it. It is impossible to ride at kenilworth because of the shuttle road, no ones fault that the rain came.

All riders in Qld ever seem to be doing is whinging. There is no denying that this season has been shit so far cause of the weather and land-owner issues but that is not the clubs fault. As some people have mentioned they could just have easily not decided to find an alternative but they did, sure its no Kenilworth but I'm still looking forward to riding cause Castle hill is still a fun little track. So stop fucking having a sook everyone and if you don't like it go and make your own series and see if you have any more luck.

End rant.
Look, I'll say it simply. It seems that those who are using mummy and daddy's money are less sensitive to the fact they are gambling with their money.

I don't give a shit that the race was cancelled. I've been racing in QLD since 2008 and a fuckload of races have been rained off in that time. Yeah, it's a bitch, but shit happens. They get rescheduled and life moves on. That's not the issue.

The issue is that they have hid this little clause in the T's & C's, as a quick way to fill the club's pockets. It's a bullheadedly short sighted approach, that will be nothing short of the death of DH in QLD.

You CANNOT offer a service at a previously determined price, only to say "sorry, it rained, we're now not offering a refund, and the service has now changed".

It is a morally disgusting way to do this, and by god if Karma actually exists it's waiting behind those responsible with the biggest, knobbliest stick it can find.

QLD DH has been getting worse and worse, and going for the short sighted cash grabbing technique to get funds in the bank now will do nothing productive for DH in the future.

One of the most famous business techniques is; "Look after your customers, and the business will look after itself". Yeah, and you know what? Fuck over your customers, and your business will fucking burn.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You CANNOT offer a service at a previously determined price, only to say "sorry, it rained, we're now not offering a refund, and the service has now changed".
Hasn't that happened quite a few times in the past though? Race gets cancelled, No refund but the date is postponed?

I think the only sour part in this whole situation is the fact people layed down top dollar for Kenilworth and now have to race Blackstone. It's still a race but alot of people pay not to race but to ride on exclusive tracks.

Although Saturday practice is being refunded and a round at Castle hill still costs the same anyway so it's all gravy. Unless of course you can't make it to Castle hill due to the extra 1-2hr drive.

Oh, If anyone's already paid and ready set go for the race tomorrow but is not racing, PM me!

needaride

Likes Dirt
Currently pissing down just south of Caboolture.. just wondering whats happening in Ipswich and if this will impact tomorrows event?

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hasn't that happened quite a few times in the past though? Race gets cancelled, No refund but the date is postponed?

I think the only sour part in this whole situation is the fact people layed down top dollar for Kenilworth and now have to race Blackstone. It's still a race but alot of people pay not to race but to ride on exclusive tracks.

Although Saturday practice is being refunded and a round at Castle hill still costs the same anyway so it's all gravy. Unless of course you can't make it to Castle hill due to the extra 1-2hr drive.

Oh, If anyone's already paid and ready set go for the race tomorrow but is not racing, PM me!
Generally in the past (the times I've tried at least), any time the race is cancelled or postponed, all you have to do is email for a refund.

That's also a prime point about the tracks. There's only ever going to be ~5 guys in each category who will ever win; the rest just do it to access the tracks. It's a bit of a kick in the balls to pay top dollar to ride a track that you can go to any day of the week, despite the addition of a stop watch or two.

Registered Nutcase

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Code:
One of the most famous business techniques is; "Look after your customers, and the business will look after itself". Yeah, and you know what? Fuck over your customers, and your business will fucking burn.
Unless you are going down the shitter due to the inability to run a club/series.

binner

Hath shat hymself
It rains cats, dogs and dollar bills here on the north
so.....I hear you beat up luke ee again, trying to kneecap him this time eh!!

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
Castle hill has the potential to be a very fun little weekend of racing and riding, if there had been more time to organise.

You could have a big air comp at the tabletop over the road, or biggest whip contest or something.

An XC aswell as downhill race.

Or even better a race series, you can enter 1 bike, and you must race downhill and XC on the same bike in the same day to get points and win.

A shuttled downhill endurance race like beerburrum.

I think races need more silly contests with small cash prizes, like maybe biggest endo over the finish line.

Castle hill has so much that you could have an incredibly fun weekend of mountain biking. If such an even as this happened I would be there in a heartbeat.

Also i just watched the video of the track as it is now, wow its changd heaps since i was there 6 months ago. Looks heaps more fun and flowy.