Knee brace or suport does anyone wear them for dh

dupes

Squid
Can anyone help?
I did some damage to my knee when i was in high school and now i've started riding DH it get sore after.
Does anyone out there wear one? can you recommend one? i don't want to spend $2k on one though.
Cheers for any help.

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had a knee reconstruction 6yrs ago back when i was 14, back then I used one of the wetsuity type braces from the chemist to when i was playing rugby, this offered some support and gave me confidence.
I know 661 puts out alot of braces specifically for riding (although ive never tried any of them) alot of people are happy with them though. Even just using that tube sock stuff under your knee pads might do some benifit.

fatboardermicko

Likes Bikes
knee braces

Can anyone help?
I did some damage to my knee when i was in high school and now i've started riding DH it get sore after.
Does anyone out there wear one? can you recommend one? i don't want to spend $2k on one though.
Cheers for any help.
i have had full acl recon on my left knee had some key hole surgery on my right knee 3 years a part
from snowboading i wear asterisk knee braces now to ride dh about $600us for a pair have a look on the net
hope this helps

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
EVS have a pretty good range of products. I had a knee reco (ACL) about 5 years ago and did a bit of research into braces. I never ended up getting one but if I was to need one later I'd definitely use an EVS. Link.

bumpygreen

Rate Cool
I've seen quite a few wakeboarders and MX guys using POD braces and they seem to be the go. I think they do a carbon version (not 100% sure)