Kinglake DH track works

Kinzee

Squid
Hey, just wondering if anyone knew who is working on the kinglake DH track? Seems like every weekend i go up there. theres a different jump and line. Just asking so i can come and help those responsible build it up.

Cheers Ado

trav

Likes Dirt
Hey, just wondering if anyone knew who is working on the kinglake DH track? Seems like every weekend i go up there. theres a different jump and line. Just asking so i can come and help those responsible build it up.

Cheers Ado
Dont waste your time ,it's all about to be flattened.

crooker

Likes Dirt
Kinglake is the bomb, that top section is spot on! Middle section is fair good also, bit rutted out though. Why is it getting flattend out for?

Wednesday

Likes Dirt
Flattened to build a new track(s) opposed to the fairy building. Chat to Wisey if you want to know more?

quiggs

Likes Dirt
Wisey and crew have been working hard with local council bodies on a plan to build some legalised trails in the region, from my little knowledge both downhill and XC.

quiggs

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Cheers Ado
As Trav said, who ever is building it should stop wasting their time as as soon as we start the "proper" rebuild up there on the old track everything else will be shut down and flattened. I will say it again, the new legalized trail has nothing to do with any building that is or has gone on up there recently.

It will be clearly obvious when we start the rebuild of Bowden Spur, trust us, you will know.

crooker

Likes Dirt
As Trav said, who ever is building it should stop wasting their time as as soon as we start the "proper" rebuild up there on the old track everything else will be shut down and flattened. I will say it again, the new legalized trail has nothing to do with any building that is or has gone on up there recently.

It will be clearly obvious when we start the rebuild of Bowden Spur, trust us, you will know.
Any news on Kinglake, dates etc??

DH danny

Squid
where abouts are the trails around there? I'm a local keen to help out and ride the area. could anybody direct me to a place to ride/dig?

Wednesday

Likes Dirt
Drive to the top of Bowden Spur Rd from either Kinglake Central heading west up the hill or straight up Bowden Spur if your coming from Panton Hill via Cottles Bridge/Aurthurs Creek (its quicker) etc.

Looking down Bowden Spur Rd are the big power lines, the trail (to be rebuilt) is off to the left in the treeline that runs down the road a few hundred metres from the top. Just sniff around and look for the pushed down grass that leads you to the start.

The short track spits you out near the s bend in the road where the big rollers are and/or crosses Bowden Spur Rd. Unless you have a shuttle dont go down from here unless you enjoy a long walk back to the top. Last time I shuttled the long track it was pretty messy, overgrown, loose and in need of some love.

I havnt been up through winter over the past few months so im not sure what the conditions are like? Last time it was significantly overgrown and a bit blind through some of the corners and the trail was in bad condition. It seemed that people had been attempting to cut in differing lines, altering the gap jumps and building 'trails elsewhere' that made the place look rather run down and shiezen compared to years gone by pre fires.

Take KL for what it is at the moment, dont dig up there and enjoy a little fun ride and lets hope that KL is returned to its former glory soon.
If you head up there on a weekend there is usually a small crew who ride it regulary and who will point you in the right direction.