Likes Dirt
King of Ballarat 2010, Race 3 FINAL - 22nd August, BLACK HILL

King of Ballarat 2010, Race 3 FINAL - 22nd August, BLACK HILL
Round 3 - FINAL

Event details:
When: Sunday 22nd August, 2010
Where: Black Hill, Ballarat,
Cost: All racers $30 + $5 for race plate
$15 for day license if needed (Club memberships will be available)

PIT AREA AVAILABLE. PLEASE CONTACT FOR DETAIL. Any teams who wish to set up tents must contact the club in regards to this as we are hoping many teams will attend.

Event Timetable:
Saturday:
Unofficial practice from 12 Midday
We would appreciate no riders riding the tracks while the tracks are being prepared

Sunday:
Registration- 8-10:30am
Practice- 8-11:30am
Racing from 12 Midday

Classes will be A, B, C, D, U/15 & OPEN WOMAN

One thing I would also recommend, is ambulance cover. If you havent got it, I highly recommend it. The last thing you want is a huge ambulance bill!

Catering will be available on Sunday, where a BBQ and drinks will be available for purchase.
Full face helmets & closed bar ends are compulsory.
Racing will be held over 3 timed runs, all three timed runs will be added together to determine your final race time & eventuate the winners. They will be run over 2 tracks, 2 timed runs on one & 1 timed on run on other.

Race 2 of the King of Ballarat series saw 121 riders converge on Black Hill. Our final Round, Round 3 is gearing up to be a grand finaly to a flawless winter series.

Proudly Supported by:

iRide Bikes
Monster Energy - www.monsterenergy.com
Flightpath Materials - www.flightpathmaterials.com
Quicks Small Excavation Hire
Ballarat Signs -
McDonalds
Coates Hire
Robert Young Signs
Downhill Downunder - www.downhilldownunder.com

www.clubmud.com.au
www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Ballarat-Australia/Club-MUD/79327603515
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 3 Tracks. Pink Line is the Standard track, and will split at the Step up:

Purple Line, is the New Turns track
Green Line, is the Old Rock track that is on the Steep side of the hill.

aday

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like the new start that was used at RD2, you hold way more speed through the top section & it's an extra corner as well. Can't wait for RD3

syko

Likes Dirt
This is going to be awesome. I will be reppin it up on the hill taking some snaps. So look your best and you'll get some coverage in a certain magazine. ;)

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any chance of some sort of start ramp being built? may seem like a big ask but the first part of the track really lacks in any way to gain speed...

Do you guys know what the coucils thoughts are on having a permant one?

fuzz

Likes Dirt
Any chance of some sort of start ramp being built? may seem like a big ask but the first part of the track really lacks in any way to gain speed...

Do you guys know what the coucils thoughts are on having a permant one?
YES were all for one being built, but we will have to talk to council on proposed plans.
I know for a fact if it was built with timber, it would be burnt down the next day !! (a lot of shady coots hang out up that hill)

fingers crossed we will have something sussed out for next years KOB series, and maybe differant locations as well ???

Club Meeting tomorrow night, so a lot of this will be getting raised..... :)

dw4dh

Likes Dirt
A ramp is an awesome idea as nearly every KOB round I've raced it has been a struggle to get going and have any sort of speed through the top section. But this is one of my favorite events of the year cant wait.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
YES were all for one being built, but we will have to talk to council on proposed plans.
I know for a fact if it was built with timber, it would be burnt down the next day !! (a lot of shady coots hang out up that hill)

fingers crossed we will have something sussed out for next years KOB series, and maybe differant locations as well ???

Club Meeting tomorrow night, so a lot of this will be getting raised..... :)
I see your problem...
Dang those coots!

Maybe a portable option? its hard to get the size right then though...

Different locations?

As far as your going to now, the tracks have been of supreme quality for the limitations your under from elevation and gradient.. is the other side of the hill, where the carpark is at the top a viable option? Its quite larger from memory?

A ramp is an awesome idea as nearly every KOB round I've raced it has been a struggle to get going and have any sort of speed through the top section. But this is one of my favorite events of the year cant wait.
Im trying to get a mate to lend me his hardtail just for it!

Last edited:

camday

Likes Dirt
I see your problem...
Dang those coots!

Maybe a portable option? its hard to get the size right then though...

Different locations?

As far as your going to now, the tracks have been of supreme quality for the limitations your under from elevation and gradient.. is the other side of the hill, where the carpark is at the top a viable option? Its quite larger from memory?

Im trying to get a mate to lend me his hardtail just for it!
Portable option would be good, just an issue getting it there, storage when not in use etc etc.

The start line at the moment i think is ok, but that might be the best spot to have a start mound like race 1, but this can be big enough that you can run to start options, same as race 2, and also straight towards the DH tracks, faster start which is good.

The other side of the hill is a work in progress, we have plans but can't really reveal too much yet, as we are looking at the best possible way down the hill.
We could have more news later in the year/early next year, with the hope of a new track.

camday

Likes Dirt
With all the rain up here over the past week or so, you would think that the tracks would be screwed, think again. Checked them out early Saturday morning, and they are in great condition. Some spots have a few slippery bits, but overall, they seem to be holding up well.

Forecast for the week looks to have a few showers, but plenty of wind, which will hopefully keep the rain clouds away and dry out the tracks and pit area.

We will be setting up from 9am this Saturday, and they should be all open come midday or so.

camday

Likes Dirt
No rain at all up here, compared to what I have heard in Melbourne today.

Parking for tomorrow will be limited in the pit area due to the water which has made it pretty sloppy in parts, so only official cars will be permitted, sorry if this causes any problems

camday

Likes Dirt
Not a bad day, tracks appear to be in great condition.
Had a late shower, but all will be good for tomorrow

If you want some pictures of the tracks, checkout the Club MUD facebook fan page, a few sneak peaks of what's to come tomorrow.