VIC KHS Team Frame Fox RP23 Shock - SOLD

Matt C

Likes Dirt
Item: KHS Team Frame 17" 2006 model with Fox RP23 Shock
Item Condition: This frame needs to be repaired as it has a small crack in one of the bearings housing. I have been quoted $205 by GripSport and have permission to pass this quote on to anyone interested. I thought i would at least give someone the opportunity to have it repaired if they wished rather than throwing it away.

Size: Medium - Geometry
Frame: Anodised, Alloy 7005 super light XC specific design with 4-bar FSR Horst linkage. 3.5" travel.
Shock: Fox RP23 with 6.5" eye to eye and 1.5" stroke.
Weight: 2.72kg without headset.

Headset, seat clamp, spare rear derailleur hanger and original pivot bearings included.

All the pivots have Enduro Max bearings fitted at the moment and while they are not brand new, they do feel a little rough but not seized or rusted out. The frame does not have the lower drive side pivot bearing fitted as this was removed to take photos for Gripsport and was damaged upon removal. One of the spares supplied will replace this bearing.

Postage

I will post the frame by courier. Postage will be between $50 and $100 depending on delivery destination. If all you are after is the shock, i can post it alone for $15.
Pick up is ok. Frame is in Camberwell, Vic.

Reason for selling: Time for a change
Price and price conditions: $200 firm for either frame and shock or shock only. Obviously the saving is in the freight if all you want is the shock. It's up to you.
Extra Info:Reply email from Gripsport regarding repair:

"Cost to do a non-welded repair on that = $205.
Similar to the method used below (last picture) and does not require repainting of the stay.

Please note we would need the main frame as well as the broken part (and bearings/bolts etc) so we could ensure rotational clearances on the chainstay pivot point.

If you happen to live nearby you're welcome to drop your frame in to us. Otherwise you can get it to us and back to your door using Australia Post (from anywhere in Australia) for an all-up maximum rate of $35. For details on how please see attachment to this email entitled "Sending Your Frame To Us". A door-to-door pick up & return courier service is also available. Prices vary depending on your location and the size of your boxed frame (box does NOT need to be cut down out-of-square for this service BUT please remember the smaller the box the cheaper the freight). If interested in this please call us for details."

Pictures:

Attachments

Last edited: