Just an updated pic of my favourite bike

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2_fast_4_u said:
would've been cheaper for ya 2 buy a yzf 250 and get the compliant lights and stuff ... i got my yz250f for $8 grand... my dad bought his wrf 250 for 10 grand... there isnt 2 grand worth of extra stuff on a wr, plus the yz has more bang by far then a wr .... oh well , you need 2 learn from your mistakes :D
Yes and maybe you'll learn not to be so smart when you have no idea........ :wink:
1, it cost heaps to get a compliance plate put on a YZ, thats the whole reason for making the WR.
2, it took me about 2 hours total and only $90 for plastics and $50 for the speedo spacer to convert my WR to YZ spec(engine and all, there is now NO difference other than gearbox ratios)
3, i paid $8,500 for mine........who made the mistake ??

We'll go for a ride one weekend soon.
:D

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bender is CRAZY said:
Gutty said:
Bender is CRAZY said:
I like it, but i would prefer a peewee 80 8) , it shows that i don't ride motorbikes or know much about them.
Just going by your avatar you'd be struggling on a peewee :wink:
That isn't me in my avatar it is some dude from america. (his name is dale)
i was kidding. :)

Jordy

RYD4LF
my mistake .... also ive seen some guys with a little rubber cap over theres and i wish to do the same instead of wasting money on a motorbike that could get spents on my pushies

Jordy

RYD4LF
althought gutty you would've spent more then that amount !! wrf's come with a crappy pipe ... which you need to upgrade and normally a staintune is around $400 on it plus the wr wouldn't handle as good as a yzf considering the smaller rear wheel and to get a yzf wheel its around $400 .... there are a few more small diference that i wont go into here that would add more then $500 onto it .... so whats that ? 400+400+500+140=around 1300 more . anyways ... that all dont matter uve got the bike and you like it ... guess it dont matter now anyways coz you've got it

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2_fast_4_u said:
althought gutty you would've spent more then that amount !! wrf's come with a crappy pipe ... which you need to upgrade and normally a staintune is around $400 on it plus the wr wouldn't handle as good as a yzf considering the smaller rear wheel and to get a yzf wheel its around $400 .... there are a few more small diference that i wont go into here that would add more then $500 onto it .... so whats that ? 400+400+500+140=around 1300 more . anyways ... that all dont matter uve got the bike and you like it ... guess it dont matter now anyways coz you've got it
Righto Jordan, yeah, your kinda right, i would prefere a 19" rear wheel for MX but for trail riding the difference is minimal. The actual outside size isn't much different in the end as the tyre used on an 18" rim has a higher sidewall that that used on a 19"........but yes, you are correct.
As for the pipe, i would have bought that for a YZ anyway.

So........for a cost of around $650(plus rego but that can't be counted as a YZ isn't registered) more i now have a YZF/WRF that is registered. much cheaper than trying to get a YZF compliant.
And just for an example, getting the YZ regestered would be much more expensive, a WR headlight alone is $300, then you need a wiring loom etc.........it's not as simple as you might think.

Believe me, i did my home work before i bought. Almost bought one of those YZ/WR 250 2 stroke things.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
boooo the 2 strokes!
i thought it was impossible to get a compliance plate put on a mx bike..

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
CHEWY said:
boooo the 2 strokes!
i thought it was impossible to get a compliance plate put on a mx bike..
There is a company in Melbourne called YZR engineering, they make the compliance kits for the WRs as these all come into Oz as YZs(i bet you thought they were all done by Factory Yamaha.....ey), well a few years ago when the 2 stroke WR production was stopped by Yamaha(98 i think) YZR made a compliance kit for the YZ250, it's basiclly just a massive muffler and some elctrical stuff so in theory you could put a new pipe on it and have road registered YZ 250 2stroke. So, basicly you can have a registered YZ 2 stroke or a registered YZ 4 stroke(called the WR)

Trying to do it yourself is a completely different story though......very hard indeed.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
cool, altho i dont see much point to it cos a MX bike is the last thing id wanna ride on the road.. imagine the fuel consumption! but a CR500 hmmm

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
CHEWY said:
cool, altho i dont see much point to it cos a MX bike is the last thing id wanna ride on the road.. imagine the fuel consumption! but a CR500 hmmm
But what would you like to ride on state forest trails ? I'd take an MX bike but you have to be registered so.......the WR it is. I have never ridden it on the road.

Jordy

RYD4LF
yes gutty your are right .... but it would be cheaper for me coz i can steal dads road stuff .... i wouldn't bother puttin a staintune on a yzf the yz pipe sounds betta and there is no need for any extra horses until i can ride it to its full extent and im sure chad reed could still beat most ppl if he was on a completly stock yamaha yzf and they were on a full factory bike .... its just the rider

Dirt Devil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2_fast_4_u said:
What about the wide ratio box in the WR? It sounds like Gutty does a bit of everything on his WR and it's definitely a more versatile bike than the YZF. Try adding up the cost of getting a wide ratio into the YZF.

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2_fast_4_u said:
i wouldn't bother puttin a staintune on a yzf the yz pipe sounds betta
Thats only your opinion, i quite like the sound of my staintune. I'm sure you'll grow to like it too while eating my roost at Kembla in a coupla weeks. :D

2_fast_4_u said:
there is no need for any extra horses until i can ride it to its full extent and im sure chad reed could still beat most ppl if he was on a completly stock yamaha yzf and they were on a full factory bike .... its just the rider
Yes but Chad is a world champ, i think thats obvious.
If i were to live by your rules, i'd still be on a YZ 80, because, truth be told, there are 13 year olds getting around on their 80s that would kick my butt and probably ride the bike to it's full potential where i wouldn't. Not being able to absolutely flog the ass off a bike doesn't mean that bike is "too much" for you. I love all the grunt of my bros 650 but just because i don't ride it at 160km/h everywhere doesn't mean i shouldn't ride it at all.
So what do you have to say to the thousands of guys riding 450s ??
:D

Just for you, a coupla pics of what you have to look forward to when we ride Picton. Nothing too exciting but it's private and free. We'll be building a nice table there soon though, already have a few cars to build the foundation with.........

My mate Jordan hitting the main jump

and Brad on the lander, you can sorta see the next jump in the background.