Jumps

curtisrider

Eats Squid
Just wondering if anybody has ever had any luck with getting thier local council to dump dirt for jumps or to agree for you to build them. If you have how did you get them to do it?

andrew

Likes Bikes and Dirt
farkin tools been stealing our dirt :evil: not happy jan :evil:
valonia this saturday marker? and did you get the dh bike?

curtisrider

Eats Squid
who stole your dirt?
i wanna go to your malvern jump on saturday and buil a big kick.
sunday rob roy.
if you wanna take next teusday off i'll go. i've got a day off.

andrew

Likes Bikes and Dirt
some fucker drove his car up and :evil: STOLE :evil: some of our dirt. no probs now, i fixed it, but that fuckers gonna pay..somehow. im gonna start the second one after school tomorrow and do a bit more on friday, but we were thinking video sesh at valonia. either way i just wanna go dirtjumping

curtisrider

Eats Squid
yeah got the dh bike.
if your gonna vid on saturday go early and get diamo in as well as valonia.
i can feel a nothing coming :twisted:

andrew

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you land a nothing, ill try a barspin ;)
i kinda wanna go to our jump, but i wanna go to valonia too. i cant decide. either way, hu cant come till like 2ish or so so maybe just get up early and our jump inna morning then valonia/diamo?

curtisrider

Eats Squid
yeah i just wanna hit some big stuff.
we should go to your jump early sat morning and dig our asses off till we get a BIG 2nd jump

andrew

Likes Bikes and Dirt
isa secret!
you have an 03 125 right? is it singlespeed? and were you at windsor the other day?

Sic

Likes Dirt
I know of some guys who worked with Stonnington council to have some work done to the old bmx track in Windsor ( the windsor siding jumps ) and that worked out great. The council showed up with dirt and a bobcat and after a few teething problems it worked out pretty well, they needed to come back and compact it some more as the surface was slippery as hell but its ok now. Of course the council didnt use the greatest dirt in the world but at least something got done. So I guess you need to find a spot that isnt being used and is on council/crown land and then convince them that its for the good of the community that they help you build your jumps. Perhaps mention that if they give you proffesional help itll be safer for everyone involved and people wont have to steal dirt from somewhere or dig up private property.